Pondering about time limits

Hey people.

Is it just me or are the time limits for turn-based play more than sufficient and for real-time severly too short?

I thought about the problem and I think the difference is, in turn based play you can manage multiple engagements without problems while attacking (or being attacked for that matter) multiple locations while the same thing in real-time always gets you into trouble.

What happens all the time to me is that you are managing a defence or an attack somewhere and you just don't get the neccessary infos from other places of the battlefield. In the end I notice barrages in one out of three cases only when my troops are already disapearing in a dust cloud or find half my platoon of shermans on fire after leaving them on their own just for 1-2 minutes and I don't even know what hit them or where it came from. You never have this problemin turn-based play as you can review the action as often as you wish.

I love the real-time mode as it offers sooooo much more immersion and doesn't eat away as much time in real-life as the peace-meal turn-based play, but its very hard to play.

In the end I manage just one action at a time and end up running out of time.

What do you guys think?

Do you think the same or am I just playing too slow. :D

Any suggestions?

Cheers

Olf

IIRC = if I remember correctly

If you are talking time limits to complete the mission at hand, real-time is more efficient. It allows you to move units without waiting until the next turn. Some people have complained that some scenarios don't have enough time to complete the mission in turn-based mode.

However, it seems that your post may actually be about effectively controlling many units in real-time vs turn based. There is no doubt that turn based mode allows you to better know what is happening on the battlefield. The ability to rewind, zoom to a location, and replay every different angle of all of your units will help you understand where and who your enemy is. I never play real-time for this reason unless it is a smaller battle(company or less) where I can control and see all of my units.

@PaK40:

Funny you mention people running out of time in TB (turn-based) play as I think tme is more than plenty in that mode.

I have to disagree on RT (real-time) being more efficient. It's because in RT you can give orders to and overwatch only roughly 3-5 units per minute, while you can control every unit per minute in TB.

Ah, thanks for explaining IIRC! :)

@ augusto:

I am VERY merciless. :D

@ Artofwar:

Yeah I guess that will be my last resort even though it feels like cheating. :(

In the moment I have to let go of the simplest safety precautions in advancing just to stay on schedule.