choppy camera response

If your copy of CMBN is 2.0, then it and CMFI actually have reduced polygon models because the engine supports 'bumpmapping', which helps make up for some of the reduced detail. CMSF does NOT have this and thus the models are somewhat more detailed.

Also you have to make direct comparisons in terms of the terrain (large numbers of elevation changes), the number of buildings, the size of the map, etc. So it becomes a bit harder to make a direct performance comparison between the two.

Possibly reducing your '3D Model Quality' and '3D Texture Quality' MIGHT help. The terrain however is likely to come and go since the 'horizon' for drawing such items seems quite short with CMSF (and may be part of the issue that you're seeing), though CMBN and CMFI also have 'short horizons'.

• 2 months later...

So is there a real efficient fix to this camera response, I find that on certain maps or missions that the game is for the most part unplayable. (Yes i have a very high end computer i built my self last year, Yes I know a new computer and new OS can make certain older games run worse.)

There isn't a 'real efficient' fix for this. Some maps and scenarios are going to be 'laggy/stuttering' due to the map elements/terrain. Also, the game is single threaded and depending on what is happening a stuttering can occur if you're trying to move the camera around during heavier action sequences.

If you play larger scenarios/maps, then you may want to try turn-based mode and see if that helps. It is a significantly different method of playing the game since you can't issue orders with the timing that you want.

Try to ensure that the game is the only one running on that particular core ('affinity') and possibly reduce the number of running apps in the background while playing.