Commonwealth Uniforms

Nick Legh

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a message for Mord if you are reading this.

Do you have any time to look at your work around mod for V2 which I referred to at the start of this thread? Although it converts all Mk II helmets to Mark III it permits only one helmet variation. Also it works only for the Brits but not the Canadians (and Poles although they were all Mark II equipped irl). I guess folks who know how (me not included) could still get a 100% Mark III helmet environment with variations by putting your mod (as is) and Benpark's into the V2 "Z" file but I would appreciate your advice.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
... the vast majority focus on the US and German lads. There are a few glorious exceptions. Not exhaustively, we have the fantastic efforts by DC/Michael Dorosh to produce individual unit insignia, some great helmet mods from Richard Heard/Ben Park and a nifty piece of code juggling from Mord which converted all the Mk II helmets (which look awful in-game imho and others) to Mark IIIs....

As someone who made a pre v2.0 helmet net mod for the Mk II ( http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=314&func=fileinfo&id=2199 ) I can only agree that the model doesn't look very good and foliage textures don't really solve things as real foliage broke up the 3D shape considerably as can be seen in period photos and newsreel...

Always feel the Commonwealth lads get treated a bit like poor cousins; the new "Appearance" options in the v2 editor include the obligatory fancy German alternatives, a couple of US airborne and...absolutely zilch for the CW.

Jesus - and he was only temporarily banned ? Fu*k his mods then.

I think the use of a particular word was something lost on translation..not sure he was aware of it being racist..even though many call themselves that these days..infact that might be why he thought it was OK to use, grow up on modern films these days or Gangster movies and from another country you'd think it was an OK term.

So I give him the benefit of the doubt and think a temp ban was just.

Dear Durruti Column,

Your Mark II helmet + netting mod is as good as the game software allows. Scrim for all helmets is one of my dreams for V3..... I agree completely your comment on the lack of basic variety for CW soldiers as provided by BF, an odd omission given the high quality attention to detail almost everywhere else. However, I still await BF or a modder to put metal butt plates on the Lee Enfields and Brens!

Cheers

Dear Durruti Column,

Your Mark II helmet + netting mod is as good as the game software allows. Scrim for all helmets is one of my dreams for V3..... I agree completely your comment on the lack of basic variety for CW soldiers as provided by BF, an odd omission given the high quality attention to detail almost everywhere else. However, I still await BF or a modder to put metal butt plates on the Lee Enfields and Brens!

Cheers

Too right, everywhere we see fantastic detail except on the CW weapons which look as if they are drill purpose dummies. A strange omission Fingers crossed for The Gustav Line then.

You guys are going to be swimming in buttplates in the near future ;). I currently have 12 different combinations for the No.4 with both steel and brass butt plates. I have also done butt plates for a Mk1 Bren, Mk2 Bren and the Sten Mk5.

Also, just to show I am still working on the CW skins, here's the Vickers in her current state. Worked on the water jacket cover just this past weekend. Waycool, if you're still around watching this thread, this one's for you :).

ZDeJhFR.jpg

As you can see, lots of love for the CW stuff on my end.