Commonwealth Uniforms

Nick Legh

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uniform mods coming along, helmets will be re-uploaded with the uniforms and kit variations. Nothing earth shattering (the originals are very good!), but it improves the overall variety. There isn't a real lot of variation amongst the UK uniforms. There will be some variation in things like the pack straps, browner vs. greener, etc.

I have two variations so far. One new, with different straps. The other dirty brown and faded. The greener one is the original, stock texture. The picture below shows the mix. Probably will still add another 3 variations in color and such. I sill have to do the kit, so that is still repetitive.

vqkry8.jpg

Uniform mods coming along, helmets will be re-uploaded with the uniforms and kit variations. Nothing earth shattering (the originals are very good!), but it improves the overall variety. There isn't a real lot of variation amongst the UK uniforms. There will be some variation in things like the pack straps, browner vs. greener, etc.

I have two variations so far. One new, with different straps. The other dirty brown and faded. The greener one is the original, stock texture. The picture below shows the mix. Probably will still add another 3 variations in color and such. I sill have to do the kit, so that is still repetitive.

Very nice benpark

Benpark

Great work, but I have never seen the brown variation of webbing straps, so not sure about that, perhaps somebody on the forum could clarify that.

I used to wear similar kit many,many years ago so the brown straps are a new one to me.

Thanks again for such fabulous work.

All the helmet versions that will be included are various field camo schemes- vegetation, etc. They will be the same as my previous helmet mod plus one more, possibly.

The straps in that picture are leather straps that I was testing out. There will of course be the historically correct set of slightly different webbing options. As I mentioned, the UK uniform doesn't really have much variety possible, so it's basically going to be slight variations. It does translate on-screen, however and makes the overall immersion better.

The great thing about the way mods now work is that you can simply remove the file you don't want from the Z folder and you won't see it.

Any requests as far as the infantry uniform goes? I've got lots of reference material to work from, but there could be some variation that I haven't thought of.

benpark, these look GREAT. Better than I ever thought possible and finally we have proper commonwealth infantry/afv crew options. I don't think we can download them quite yet as they are not showing in the repository but I expect BF will get around to it.

Anyway many many thanks from me and no doubt many others to come.

Cheers

Dear iMC,

V good. Thank you. Would you mind producing a vanilla (no unit insignia) version of your afv/tank crew man in his smart khaki tanksuit? This would enable people to get vehicle crews with random green and khaki suits. I think that the game engine has only one CW afv/tank crew figure which is the same whether your forces are Brits, Canucks or Poles.

I will get right on it, and they all have their own tank crew skins i believe ill check when i get home later because currently i am about to go to school.

Going to school?? you don't want to be doing that, you should twag ;) You should stay at home and molest cats