What we will see the next?

togi

We got maybe a foot out my way. People think that just because I'm north that means more snow. Colder, almost for sure, but that doesn't mean snow. The storms that come from the south often track off the coast before they get up here. There are times (like now) when Boston area has more snow than us. Difference is ours stays and gets added to, theirs melts within a few days. When our Canadian friends send their weather our way that we get hammered :D

Steve

Well "maybe a foot" means we should see something by Friday:D

Unless "our Canadian friends send" have Zombies heading South;)

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like my US shows and I like TWD i just got bored with season 2. For the record, I currently watch Spartacus, Banshee, Castle, Spacey's House of Cards,Homeland,Borgias,Boardwalk Empire,Grimm,American Horror and Asylum, Falling Skies and Vegas soon. I am enjoying them all

American Horror Asylum is bull. Thats like a soap opera. Spartacus was cool but since Spartacus' actor died and got replaced it's meh.

Boardwalk is great.

I've never heard of Spaceys or Castle.

American Horror Asylum is bull. Thats like a soap opera. Spartacus was cool but since Spartacus' actor died and got replaced it's meh.

Boardwalk is great.

I've never heard of Spaceys or Castle.

Yeah Whitfield's passing was a great shame. Current one ain't too bad of a job.

House of Cards starring Kevin Spacey is a remake of a BBC show from 20+years ago. Castle is a silly cop show starring Nathan Fillion of Firefly(Serenity )fame. Surely you have heard of Firefly Sublime?

Oh well then you.re in for a treat. It's fantastic until he goes to the hills. Mind I only started watching after that and couldn't do it. The actor playing Spartacus does a good job and is likable enough - after a few seasons it being a new guy didn't work for me. Shame the slave uprising was getting really interesting.

Anyway enjoy!

Para no I haven't? lol I have holes in my knowledge of American tv, if I presume you.re referring to American tv. I'm not entirely ignorant of your cinema history though, I loved Time Bandits, and Red Dwarf. Fawlty Towers and of course Monty Python. Was the Man Who Would Be King a Brit produced movie? I know it's a Kipling story (eh.. it is right?)and Brit actors...

Para no I haven't? lol I have holes in my knowledge of American tv, if I presume you.re referring to American tv. I'm not entirely ignorant of your cinema history though, I loved Time Bandits, and Red Dwarf. Fawlty Towers and of course Monty Python. Was the Man Who Would Be King a Brit produced movie? I know it's a Kipling story (eh.. it is right?)and Brit actors...

All the TV shows I mentioned are from the US, Sublime. I hope you get more recent Brit movies/shows than those you quoted mate.

I don't know of much recent Brit stuff- besides movies like Rocknrolla n stuff by Guy Ritchie which is fantastic, it's reminiscent of old Quentin Tarantino

We do get gems now and again but we do not have the output of the US. Some of the time the US takes Brit shows and re-makes them but not always in a good way.

I much prefer Gervais Office to Carrols.

The other thing too is that i think some of our comedy gems just wouldn't fly in the US. One particular one was the League of Gentleman which ran from 1999-2003ish or Monkey Dust again from the early 00's. That's not say to say that you guys do not have a sense of humour, it's just not as weird as ours.

I notice you are from Boston Sublime, I am just watching Cheers again I'm up to the 6th series, an old favourite of mine :)

It was played out by 1970, if not earlier.

Michael

Oh I disagree very much. The Walking Dead is top notch TV - the barn scene in season 2 was an immense emotional payoff for a season that plodded a bit, but Seasons 1 and 3 have been strong. As for recent movies, 28 Days/Weeks Later were very good, and Rec/Rec 2 were outstanding. Zombieland and Shawn of the Dead were pretty funny. Dead Snow has the Nazi Zombie genre pretty well covered, too, though I'll leave it others to point out inaccuracies as to the Zombie Nazi kit (the MG42 looked pretty good to me!).

World War Z is the pinnacle of Zombie literature (which is not to say that the Walking Dead graphic novels don't have their moments). I'm hopeful that the upcoming movie is worthy of the book.

OK, so the zombie media market is 'saturated', sure. But not played out, IMHO, especially since the original Romero work were so campy and subject to improvement.

...28 Days/Weeks Later were very good...

I thought 28 Days Later sucked. Why would you think that a London cab was the best vehicle ever to go gallivanting off into the wilds with when you have every Land Rover showroom in London to choose from? I really detest modern zombie tales that write their characters as if no previous zombie movies have ever been made.

I thought 28 Days Later sucked. Why would you think that a London cab was the best vehicle ever to go gallivanting off into the wilds with when you have every Land Rover showroom in London to choose from? I really detest modern zombie tales that write their characters as if no previous zombie movies have ever been made.

And why do everybody wear shorts sleeves?

If I found myself in a zombie apocalypse. The first thing I would do would be to obtain the thickest bite resistant clothing I could find and the widest leather studded bondage collar.