What we will see the next?

togi

Drones and actualaircraft/helicopters in CMSF would benice,as would being able to shoot them down. It was possible to shoot down aircraft inthe old CM so, at least in theory it ought to be possible now.Jets might well be very hard to shoot downover the battle area because of their speed and other defences but drones/helicopters can be much easiertargets.

And,of course, with helicopters one could do proper airmobile assaults with actual helicopter models coming into land and troops dismounting directly onto the ground or being able touse a "Rapell" command when low enough.

Usefulpotential softwarebase for any futuregames covering other modern conflicts suchas.of course, Vietnam :)

Since it is based in the "Near Future" ... maybe 5-6 years in the future ... that should give them a little creative room. I'm not talking "Space Lobsters" or anything .....

..... but, maybe the next generation of Raven drone would be possible for gathering intel as to what is on the other side of the map. Or, Quad-RC helicopters with cameras ... or even an armed Quad-copter would be somewhat realistic.

..... Also, 5-6 years down the pipeline, armed ground-based drones could be realistic and be in more wide-spread service. Something that you run into a building or strong-point to either gather intel or spear-head an assault with ... that would not be in the realm of science-fiction either.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This weekend? This weekend?

I predict the next few hours....

Steve (or someone from Battlefront) responded to a comment I put on their Facebook page stating that the CM:BN 2.01 patch is:

"The Release Candidate is being tested already."

That has to be good news on that front ... next week maybe???

Yup, we're in v2.01 Release Candidate stage. But since we have been tweaking gameplay stuff we have run into a couple of situations that need tweaking. Each release takes about a week of elapsed time. This means time to identify an issue, fix the issue, get the build out to testers, and have the testers verify the changes are good. This is the case even when the actual code fix takes 5 minutes.

And some people think we "rush" releases out the door :D

Steve

Man, that's grim!

Frankly, a rather facetious remark, Michael. What about the poor chap who's experiencing disappearing icons (edit: solved) or the intrepid Norton AV users who are slogging on against daunting odds? Those posters, like the wretched troops in the Courland Pocket, left isolated without a functioning shader fix patch? Those premature switchers to Windows 8?* Have you no heart, sir?

* er, that's me...

ETA: two weeks. More fix-it time. Courtesy of the poster who brought up the fortification spotting issues. Thanks, pal! ;)

Some of us are reduced to reading the tech support forum for entertainment.

Or... hey... there's this great game I've heard of ... maybe you heard of it too? A WWII simulation ... it will knock your socks off... almost endless replay possibilities.... You could play that while you wait, for entertainment...

GaJ

I suggest we agitate for a SuperPatch Sunday! Release multiple patches precisely at halftime during the Superbowl. The resulting crush of bandwidth demand should crash the worldwide web! Do it: we're all curious.

If you're with me, sign the petition, below!

:)

Ken

Our schedule is a bit flexible, but as of now for 2013:

Normandy 2.01 patch

Normandy 1.12 patch

Italy 1.02 patch

Something Nice

CMBN Market Garden

CMEF 1 (1944-1945, starting with Bagration)

CMSF 2 (introduces v3.0)

Various Packs sprinkled in here and there along the way. But it's too difficult to say what and when specifically.

Steve

So I've become lost in the melee, but what is the difference between a "Pack" & a "Module"? I remember seeing something regarding Packs but i cant remember where on the forums. Also have packs been fully defined by BF as of yet?

Anyway thanks:cool: