What we will see the next?

togi

Hello Steve,

I can't see any detailed explanation about schedule of CMFI product. we have bought this game and have completed stock scenarios as single player or multi. According to your schedule, it seems this product can't be touched till mid of 2014 and you had planned to touch new theater EF first. Why don't you plan to complete CMFI with North africa and Road to rome first? if I knew this schedule , I wouldn't buy and wait for the decision of completenes or completed product.

In general , why do you complete theaters totaly before jumping to other? This will lead iddle products in our hands , because scenario creators will seperate their efforts too many theaters , that is my point of view , I can respect to others

Note: Off course I guess the answer but I would like to listen from game creators for sureness. Also can you give us information about CMFI schedule? A you know , origin of this question for learning CMFI schedules.

BTW: someones say QBs for an option, I don't like to play QBs, it's very hard to create balance with force selection and map manually so I like to play with tested scenarios

Regards

CMFI was a nice surprise..maybe the Nice Surprise is something todo with CMFI. Who knows..most people want the EF over any other Italy modules..so majority rules. Just be happy that the Italy game came along out of the blue like that. Also there will always be use rmade scenarios etc..so it isn't as bleak as you make out. Finally Africa was never mentioned infact it was stated it wouldn't happen, they now say it might but isn't certain. So not sure why you think Africa is def on the list.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CMFI was a nice surprise..maybe the Nice Surprise is something todo with CMFI. Who knows..most people want the EF over any other Italy modules..so majority rules. Just be happy that the Italy game came along out of the blue like that. Also there will always be use rmade scenarios etc..so it isn't as bleak as you make out. Finally Africa was never mentioned infact it was stated it wouldn't happen, they now say it might but isn't certain. So not sure why you think Africa is def on the list.

If they are creating historical games for customers

At latest stage:

CMFI + CW + Road to Rome + AK should be equal intent with the CMAK

CMBN + CW + MG + BB + last modul should be equal intent with the CMBO

CMEF modul should be equal intent with the CMBB

BTW, I want EF too. But while EF releasing , Italy theater will be uncompleted

Regards

Why don't you plan to complete CMFI with North africa and Road to rome first?

Steve has said often that they don't fancy going back to NAfrica any time soon. It's only in this latest round of announcements that the possibility of going back there has been admitted... I'd be extremely wary of calling FI "incomplete" until it gets an Africa module, if its putative incompleteness is going to affect your buying anything: that module may never appear.

Anything that is applicable to CMFI that made it into CMBN v2.01 will be ported over for the v1.02 patch. They both share the same code base so it's relatively "easy" (he says with experience telling him not to say that!) to make those features available for v1.02.

Splendid news.

Steve has said often that they don't fancy going back to NAfrica any time soon. It's only in this latest round of announcements that the possibility of going back there has been admitted... I'd be extremely wary of calling FI "incomplete" until it gets an Africa module, if its putative incompleteness is going to affect your buying anything: that module may never appear.

I think it's incomplete, this is point of my view, above is your point of view.

The important point is, if they think to complete italy front (by containing AK or not), it should not be started after two years from main game release. you have to get this point. the game will be idle because of other fronts popularity. I didn't know this relax plan about CMFI roadmap while buying this game. It's very strange point.

I remember BFC said the release plan is one year for main games and six months for modules

So where is our CMFI modules? :-)

Regards

Togi,

This should make you feel better...Steve mentioned this earlier in this thread responding to someone with your exact concern about CMFI...this should make you feel much much better!

"Not to worry I purposefully did not add any specifics for Packs and probably left out a Module or two. The reason is we want that stuff to be flexible and pre announcing too far ahead doesn't help with that. Note that the only two Modules listed are the ones we have been talking about for a long time already."

So I think you are going to have your add on to CMFI...hope that helps

Togi,

This should make you feel better...Steve mentioned this earlier in this thread responding to someone with your exact concern about CMFI...this should make you feel much much better!

"Not to worry I purposefully did not add any specifics for Packs and probably left out a Module or two. The reason is we want that stuff to be flexible and pre announcing too far ahead doesn't help with that. Note that the only two Modules listed are the ones we have been talking about for a long time already."

So I think you are going to have your add on to CMFI...hope that helps

Jpratt88,

So good start point, but I haven't any info about what kind add ons? and when? for CMBN, they have been already decided, why we haven't info about CMFI road map ? why so late to release a module for CMFI?

Regards

why so late to release a module for CMFI?

Huh? What's your hurry? It's been less than half a year since FI came out. We had to wait years for BO plus a couple more for BB. Compared to that, BFC nowadays is releasing material at breakneck speed. Some people are complaining that they need more time to absorb each release...as well as to save up the funds for a new purchase.

:)

Michael

Huh? What's your hurry? It's been less than half a year since FI came out. We had to wait years for BO plus a couple more for BB. Compared to that, BFC nowadays is releasing material at breakneck speed. Some people are complaining that they need more time to absorb each release...as well as to save up the funds for a new purchase.

:)

Michael

Hello Michael,

I'm talking about not now , they have informed about their plans till mid of 2014 and no module planned for CMFI. I'm talking about this case.

:-)

regards

Hello Michael,

I'm talking about not now , they have informed about their plans till mid of 2014 and no module planned for CMFI. I'm talking about this case.

:-)

regards

Actually, we don't know what they have planned, only what Steve has announced. From our point of view FI seemed to come out of nowhere even though several months of work must have gone into it before any word was released. Speculation on our part as to when any given title is likely to appear is strictly a crap shoot. Might as well bet on the weather a year from today.

Michael

IIRC 9 months of work out of 11 had happened before CMFI was even mentioned to you guys. I don't think we'll keep something that big that secret for that long again... but one never knows :D

Togi, not to worry. We have things planned for sooner rather than later that are not mentioned specifically in my list. As I said earlier, note that the only two Modules on that list are ones you already know about. I have made no mention of Modules or Packs for any other product at all. CMFI or otherwise. But for sure we are planning on doing lots of them within this time period.

Steve

Steve, thanks for the bones, it seems that we will not visit Italy front till end of 2014 according to this schedule. will next visit be with V3.0 or we have to forget this front?

regards

I think you can assume that there is a huge possibility of no more Italy. I liken Italy game to CM Afghanistan.

We had to wait years for BO plus a couple more for BB. Compared to that, BFC nowadays is releasing material at breakneck speed

Michael

A very good point, and one that is easily forgotten. I suppose the only difference was that, back then, when one of the new titles appeared you got the "theatre in a box" thing and it kept you occupied for years. CMx1 games were astonishing in the richness of their content. Seriously, you could have two PBEMs going concurrently - one set during Operation Compass, another during Operation Olive, and that was just CMAK - one CD that cost £25 or whatever (brand new!). If you've got all the CMx1 titles, they very nearly cover the entire war on the Western Front (more so given that CMAK can actually do a decent job of some of the France 1940 battles). The value for money aspect of CMx1 was too good to be true!

CMx2 should end up achieving something similar, just in a different way. I probably wouldn't have said that before CMFI appeared, it proved that they can work on many things at once, if you were inclined to doubt. BFC didn't meet the "base game every year, module every six months" thing but you've got to feel they're on the move now. All going according to plan, by the end of this year, we'll have covered WF June- late September 1944, EF 1944-45 and Italy 1943 (and quite probably more) and Something *N*ice whatever that is (Dragoon?). That's just WW2 - for those that want it, there's plenty more in the modern arena to come too.

I think you can assume that there is a huge possibility of no more Italy. I liken Italy game to CM Afghanistan.

Apart from the fact that Steve has often told us there will be FI expansions, there's one crucial difference between FI and A that should have stopped you thinking that: CM:A was done by a different studio; FI is in-house.

I kind of understand this thinking. If Steve did mention anything concrete, he would experience the equivalent of a hen at a fox party.

I am most interested in seeing what a pack looks like. Since we have seen both Base games and modules, I would like to see what is to be the norm for a pack. I for one loved CMAK and fighting in dust in the desert. I am looking forward to the expansion of CMFI and a good pack would hold me over until bigger things (EF and MG) come along.

I am most interested in seeing what a pack looks like. Since we have seen both Base games and modules, I would like to see what is to be the norm for a pack. I for one loved CMAK and fighting in dust in the desert. I am looking forward to the expansion of CMFI and a good pack would hold me over until bigger things (EF and MG) come along.

I speak for myself only, of course, but if a "pack" for CMFI was released that contained CW forces (just OOBs, maybe a few scenarios to make it work and QB maps as an extra but nothing else) for Husky alone, I'd be happy enough. The battle for Sicily was over a month long and, contrary to what some would have you believe, pretty eventful.

Now, pricing for 'packs', that's a different matter entirely. Depends on content I guess. Inany event, if it has CW forces in it, I'll buy it :D

The teasing is kinda lame though. I don't know why devs do it. We're already excited, we just want to hear actual information instead of wink wink stuff. Thats just my opinion tho. I'm old. I'm tired of teasing games like that. v :) v

We're all old, though few older than Emrys :D

The teasing wasn't completely intentional. You guys have been pestering us for a little more detail about our near future releases. So it was either not mention it at all (a viable option) or put in a placeholder (another viable option). I chose the latter because it has more entertainment value :D

Note that I would have gone with not mentioning it at all if we were far away from making an official announcement. Which is to say we are not far away from making an official announcement.

Steve

Placeholder works fore me. I have Dude's CMFI, CMBN/CW v2.0, CMSF Mac with years of user generated scenarios, campaigns, theaters to fight through.

If Michael (the Elder) post another tease I would not mind that either... inspiration:D