What we will see the next?

togi

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On CMBN, there are too many plans like MG, Bulge and e.t.c

There is silence about projects on this game

How will be the direction of this game? (CMFI)

African Corps or Road to the Rome?

Regards

according to my knowledge CMBN will only feature the MG DLC + another DLC with rare units and additional scenarios. the bulge and rest of 1945 will be in a seperate game (maybe released late 2013).

my guess for CMFI is a Road to Rome DLC. I do not think that we will see a african corps dlc... but maybe iam wrong... my guess is as good as yours.

I do not think that we will see a african corps dlc... but maybe iam wrong...

Comments from BFC regarding a possible game or game family set in the African theater to date have not been encouraging. In fact, IIRC a couple of years back Steve flatly denied the possibility. You may if you wish interpret the recent silence on the subject as a possible softening of that position, but until BFC officially acknowledges interest in such a game, I wouldn't bet a worn nickel on its chances. But as always, time will tell.

Michael

Well the Good new is BF mentioned that CMFI sold better than they anticipated and that they made the amount of money needed to make it profitable. So at least you know they will be making a module for it since it has done Ok to their bussiness plan.

Plus I thought it was mentioned at another point that CW forces will be in the next module and that it would focus on italy mainland, but that might have been rumers. cannot remember.

Sadly, I seriously doubt we'll ever see North Africa again in the Combat Mission franchise.

Given CMx2's much smaller timescales for each title, I dream of an Operation Crusader with the new engine (want Matilda IIs, NZ/SAF inf and the few Australians left at Tobruk). Never say never, of course (only BFC can do that :D), but reading between the lines it'll probably remain a dream. CMAK will have to do, I think.

Our schedule is a bit flexible, but as of now for 2013:

Normandy 2.01 patch

Normandy 1.12 patch

Italy 1.02 patch

Something Nice

CMBN Market Garden

CMEF 1 (1944-1945, starting with Bagration)

CMSF 2 (introduces v3.0)

For 2014:

CM Bulge

CMEF 2 (1943-1944, starting with Kursk)

Various Packs sprinkled in here and there along the way. But it's too difficult to say what and when specifically.

We have no plans on doing a North Africa game at the moment, but I wouldn't rule it happening.

Steve

Just finished "Six Months in 1945 FDR, Stalin and Churchill" and it brought to mind a comment Steve made about the best chance the Soviet Union ever had in attacking in Europe was right after the defeat of Nazi Germany...... and after reading this book I would just love to see a CM release to game that.

Yeah I was reading an old Zhukov vs Patton thread in the old forums from 2003 yesterday that piqued my curiosity as well. A WW3 game set immediately post war would rock, and perhaps a lot easier to do since the new engine at least lets you do blue on blue battles now.. That and my recent reading about the British Army at the Imjin River in Korea.

Something Nice

??? A disk containing cut scenes of grateful French farm girls welcoming liberating GIs? (Available only to players signing affidavits affirming that they are 18 or older.) These play for the Allied player when he is victorious at the end of a game. Victorious Axis players do not get this, but if they lose, they face a firing squad. It's all about motivation.

:D

Michael