2.0 machine gun woes =(

So we all know about the crew member leaving squad deploy thing. But I also noticed before if I try to set up a crew served MG in a building in 2.0 it just doesnt happen. I havent ran tests, but in a recent PBEM i could not get any of my several vickers firing, they just endlessly said deploying. Now in a current PBEM Im trying to deploy Ma Deuce and it's not happening. Again in a building. The crew member doesnt go AWOL they just say deploying. Forever. I gave it several minutes. Dont know what to do, and lost some really juicy targets in the open =(

they will spend more time than usual. look yankeedog post number 3. you should be patient be patient... hope taht helps

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=108005

- i want to take advantage of this post to bet. i think when battlefront removes information in anouncements forum (now there is just one) that means tha they will anounce some news soon...Or not?Anyway, could give us some news? Thanks

- I want to do a recomendation, too. Could be posible to move the green artillery lines (area or line) like we do actually with the waypoints? Thanks

Regards

I don't know whether or not what you're describing is an error, or not. However...

Properly emplacing a heavy machinegun in a building so that the benefit of the tripod can be utilized can take several minutes of work. How often is there a single piece of stable furniture available at windowsill height? How well would your ma deuce work if you had each leg on a kitchen chair?

Simple mental exercise. Imagine you own a .50 cal. machinegun. Given the width and length of the tripod with extended legs, what do you have in your current room which would provide a stable platform to shoot out of a window, without unduly exposing yourself? How many rooms would you have to search to gather enough items to make that happen? How stable would it be? How long would it take to get more "stuff" to make it more stable?

My understanding is that the game has -lengthened- the amount of time it takes to properly deploy a tripod in a building. Give it at least 3 full minutes with no suppression. If they still aren't deploying by then, let us all know.

Ken

I have saves of both incidents. With the Vickers it's at least 10 minutes. In the game Im currently playing it was significantly less, I gave it a couple of minutes. In any previous version of BN and in FI right now any other heavy MG takes way less time to setup. I was even careful to place another waypoint 1 AS away (or in this case a floor away) so if and when the runaway crew man goes he comes back quickly. C3K so you.re saying they definitely increased how long the MG takes to setup ? If so ok - but it's good to know because if they arent setting up indoors they're going out.

So we all know about the crew member leaving squad deploy thing. But I also noticed before if I try to set up a crew served MG in a building in 2.0 it just doesnt happen. I havent ran tests, but in a recent PBEM i could not get any of my several vickers firing, they just endlessly said deploying. Now in a current PBEM Im trying to deploy Ma Deuce and it's not happening. Again in a building. The crew member doesnt go AWOL they just say deploying. Forever. I gave it several minutes. Dont know what to do, and lost some really juicy targets in the open =(

I encounter this problem too on a regular basis. German HMGs are also affected, they keep deploying for an apparently infinite amount of time. I will provide a savegame the next time this happens to me.

There is an apparent bug with deployment in buildings that frequently (but not always) causes MGs to cycle through the deployment process multiple times, sometimes infinitely. It has been reported.

FYI, 2-3 minutes is the expected deployment time for HMGs in buildings.

The default deployment time of a MG in a building is around 2'20" to 2'30". In the GUI, a much shorter time is displayed. If your MG is scared and decides to bug out, or moves because of other reasons, you loose your prepared position. Then, indeed, the deployment time can seem endless.

All of this makes it tricky to use MG teams in view of the enemy in buildings, especially when their motivation is low.

For the time being, use teams with high motivation and provide foxholes as fallback positions, if available.

This is current status. Could well be that you found a bug on top of that.

Best regards,

Thomm

I was just musing how many people would know how long/difficult it is to set-up an HMG inside a house. On the basis that the vast majority of players know nothing would it be in BF's interest to give par times and reasons for variance?

It would make understanding the game a lot more understandable and lessen frustration.

That'd be nice. I don't care if my MG's take 2 minutes, or 1 to setup, but besides slight variations because fatigue or crew quality I don't want it like it is now - I.E. bugged. One M1917 sets up inside of a minute, another has been 'deploying' for over 5 minutes. The .50 cal setup, after several minutes. I've had Vickers that never setup....

This isn't a possible bug,it is a bug.All support weapons are a bit of a mare to set-up at the moment.Unless you use the "Move" button for a slight move then "Deploy",once they reach their final destination,it's a "where the **** are you guys going" moment.

Different issue.

I was just musing how many people would know how long/difficult it is to set-up an HMG inside a house. On the basis that the vast majority of players know nothing would it be in BF's interest to give par times and reasons for variance?

It would make understanding the game a lot more understandable and lessen frustration.

It may be true that setting up and HMG in a house takes much longer than it would take in a field - however if the gui tells me it only does take 20 secs, i expect it to take 20 secs if the crew is not surpressed and at full strengh and probably stop the process and try to find a new spot if my HMG didnt set up after 4 minutes passed, thinking that is a bug.

I do not know if the problem I am reporting here is related to the deploy bug in buildings as others have posted about, but I keep seeing this problem too with MG’s and mortars. The team dispersion is all screwy since 2.0. You can see in the screens, which are of two separate teams that the spread is crazy (unit bases are chevrons, and highlighted up and lower part of screens). Happens with mortars too, but here are only shown MG’s deploying, but what I want to point out is the teams members spread out so far. (soldier stat text mod; D=deploy, >>>>> = moving)

MG1_zps2891f982.jpg

MG2_zps72d0c767.jpg

Same here, waiting for the fix :rolleyes:

Good idea. The fixes we're waiting risk altering the game significantly and may even obsolete some existing scenarios. Depending on how far they go. In addition to addressing mechanical glitches Steve mentioned that the upcoming patch will boost suppressive effects.