Mac user: Windows 7 or 8?

Personally, I would suggest going with Windows 7. Windows 8 is a bit of significant change in the OS and how you get around. Windows 8 is more like running on a smartphone or tablet, which is fine if you have a small touchscreen, but it is a bit more of a hassle if you're using a mouse on a larger resolution display.

If the interface changes don't deter you, then Windows 8 may just be fine. Technically it is supposed to be just a little bit faster for some games according to some benchmarks. However I doubt that you will see a difference with most of the Battlefront games in terms of performance. Some games may not work as well under Windows 8. I've seen some problems with our older CMx1 series and if you're interested in the Strategic Command series, it runs it to a few issues under Windows 8.