Camo for SS units

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Insulting my less than perfect spelling and grammar still doesn't make my point go away. "Full camo" is not full camo.

Also, AKD suggested the right solution.

You point was...

The "Standard" selection and "Full Camo" selection produce the same result when selected. The only different result is if you select "No Camo", where the troops have feldgrau uniforms but camouflaged helmets.

The feature or texture paths are broken.

This needs to be fixed in a patch

Now it is not a bug, but just a matter of terminology.

I think it looks like your point went away, didn't it?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Feynandos.

I agree with stagler i think you should change the option from Camo to "mixed Dress" or just add another texture option.

It seems like a glitch to me.

also i cant select Airborne soldiers for my US forces is that a glitch or is it false representation which i believe could be construed as illegal under UK licensing laws?

Honestly Freddynando, I agree with Stagler. Your excuses are just covers for the mistakes you've made. I hope you get the HIV.

lolwat?

Anyway, is there any difference in the effectiveness between camo and plain uniforms? For spotting purposes?

also i cant select Airborne soldiers for my US forces is that a glitch or is it false representation which i believe could be construed as illegal under UK licensing laws?

You have the month set to August, after the 82nd and 101st Airborne were pulled back to England. Pick June or July instead.

By the way Freddynandos my fleet of opel blitz's seem to have a bug, the horn is far to generic. Also when I select the opel blitz it sometime spawns as a giraffe. Please get back to me, it's so very hard to assault the allies when mounted upon giraffes.

All of this over a few ASCII letters in the game. Honestly, if that is the worst problem in the world, we should all be thankful.

Not surprisingly Trakko was banned. Obvious troll behavior is enough to get a warning, but I see no reason for second chances after that HIV comment. With such an amazing lack of maturity shown so quickly, I don't see much hope that post 5 and beyond would be much better.

Also not surprisingly, Jonnyc88 is the same guy as Trakko. If you can't impress people with your intelligence, might as well impress them with the lack of it I suppose.

I'm also pretty sure I know who is behind both accounts. So if I see any more of this idiocy, I'll act on that as well. Understood?

Steve

OFFTOPIC

Hello Steve.

If you checked the IP's you would see that i am in fact a real person, Not a duplicate account. (well this one is as you BANNED mine.)

And I believe you owe me an apology.

Quite Frankly your customer service is shocking i ask a question and get banned because your too jack to do your job properly and check IPs.

On topic

But yes.

I have to set the date to june for the chairborne warriors?

And those pictures of the Stormtroopers are those mods?

OFFTOPIC

Hello Steve.

If you checked the IP's you would see that i am in fact a real person, Not a duplicate account. (well this one is as you BANNED mine.)

If you are a new poster, then I give you a qualified apology. Qualified because:

1. ISPs should be forced to use unique IPs for people, but that's not the way it works. I'd guess less than 1 in 5 posters are are using a fixed IP, which means not matching means nothing.

2. You are using the same ISP network as the person I just banned and the other I strongly suspect set the account up. An ISP, I might add, that often shows up in such cases.

3. Another factor I use came up the same for all three accounts.

4. Another factor I use came up the same for all three accounts.

5. You chose a bad thread to come in on your first post and post as you did.

Still not definitive because there is no such thing as unique IP standard, but at some point the coincidences start to defy the odds. It's an imperfect world and I have to make do with the tools at my disposal.

Quite Frankly your customer service is shocking i ask a question and get banned because your too jack to do your job properly and check IPs.

See above. And if you think you were banned because of your question then you are the one who hasn't done his homework.

Again, sorry if you got caught in the crossfire... but you have someone else to blame for causing this mess. I'm just here to clean it up.

Steve

If you are a new poster, then I give you a qualified apology. Qualified because:

2. You are using the same ISP network as the person I just banned and the other I strongly suspect set the account up. An ISP, I might add, that often shows up in such cases.

You've got a lot to learn about people skill don't you. Basically your insinuating that I'm "Trakko" which is insulting my integrity Basically what your saying is "I'm not apologizing because I'm too arrogant".

You messed up show some moral fiber and bite the bullet.

See above. And if you think you were banned because of your question then you are the one who hasn't done his homework.

No i was banned because YOU went weapons free on everyone.

No escalation of Force just weapons free.

I posted there because i Google searched why i couldn't change my uniforms and when they did they weren't all going camo. IT just so happened i stumbled across this thread at the top of the forum. Threads tend to bump i just stumbled across the first one that might answer my question.

And I'm assuming that your not from the UK or you would know that all ISP's rent there lines from British Telecoms so i suppose we will all have the same IP? I don't know I'm a professional soldier not a computer whizz.

Maybe you can tell that by my lingo and horrible spelling and Happy go Lucky attitude.

Lastly on my little Rant you banned me with the "Battle Front.com" username Awesome bit of negative PR there for your company it spells.

"We ban people with legitimate questions about a potential bug with our software to avoid negative press" Brilliant.

No wait there's one more.

Now your accusing me of not doing my "homework" so in total you've insulted my intelligence questioned my integrity and basically treated me like a total belled.

I Own Normandy, shockforce, beyond overlord and most of the modules. i can tell you now that i wont be purchasing from your site again.

I suppose I'm going to be banned again for this too but hey such is life,

Thanks for nothing.

You've got a lot to learn about people skill don't you.

I'm not the one that is completely flying off the handle.

Basically your insinuating that I'm "Trakko" which is insulting my integrity Basically what your saying is "I'm not apologizing because I'm too arrogant".

No, I said I'm apologizing for banning you incorrectly. I'm not apologizing for the methodology you called into question.

Note that the reason I came to this thread in the first place is someone flagged your post as a possible duplicate account of Trakko. So obviously I'm not the only one who thought so. I gave you the benefit of the doubt until the backend elements lined up enough to make the call.

BTW, how can I insult your integrity when you haven't established any to insult? You might take offense to that too, but it's just a simple statement of fact. Integrity is something that is established after a period of exposure, not from a single post of a couple of lines.

You messed up show some moral fiber and bite the bullet.

I did. I said I am willing to admit I made a mistake, but not willing to bow to your characterization that I don't know how to check IPs or do my job. You chose to come out swinging in public instead of emailing me to say I made a mistake. Or posting and stating your case without being deliberately combative. Your choice of action, not mine.

I posted there because i Google searched why i couldn't change my uniforms and when they did they weren't all going camo. IT just so happened i stumbled across this thread at the top of the forum. Threads tend to bump i just stumbled across the first one that might answer my question.

No problem with this at all. As I said, one of the factors was you happened to pick the wrong thread to start out in. Now if your backend information hadn't looked so eerily similar to the other two accounts, we wouldn't be having this discussion because you wouldn't have been banned.

And I'm assuming that your not from the UK or you would know that all ISP's rent there lines from British Telecoms so i suppose we will all have the same IP? I don't know I'm a professional soldier not a computer whizz.

Then you shouldn't proclaim someone incompetent in a field you don't know much about. Your account does not resolve to a British Telecom service. I suspect BT rents from someone else as I don't think I've ever seen a BT specific host service. Plus, the one your IP resolved to is a well known legitimate host service which is often used by "spoofed" IPs for people wishing to remain anonymous or get around IP bans.

As I said, I looked at three accounts and all three resolved to the same host service. Coincidence? It happens, but as a solider you of all people should know not to ignore a pile of coincidences.

Lastly on my little Rant you banned me with the "Battle Front.com" username Awesome bit of negative PR there for your company it spells.

Would you rather we allowed some random person to ban people here?

Now your accusing me of not doing my "homework" so in total you've insulted my intelligence questioned my integrity and basically treated me like a total belled.

You can choose to read into this whatever you want. But it certainly doesn't make it true. I banned you because it looked like you were someone else. Pure and simple.

I Own Normandy, shockforce, beyond overlord and most of the modules. i can tell you now that i wont be purchasing from your site again.

Your choice, obviously.

I suppose I'm going to be banned again for this too but hey such is life,

Thanks for nothing.

Your behavior certainly isn't either productive or reasonable. But I'm letting it slide because, obviously, you've got yourself quite worked up over this. However, I definitely am not interested in this continuing. Either stop swinging or you will be banned for the correct reasons.

Steve

Well this escalated quickly, ha

No idea how or why. It's a couple of ASCII characters that are being discussed. Even the dreaded Bren Tripod deserved more attention than this issue :)

Obviously the term "Full Camo" should be changed to "Late Camo" (or something like that). There is no "bug" per se since the texture selection behavior is actually correct.

For those of you who want only Peas-44 camo that's easily done with a Mod. Just duplicate the [camo-peas] textures and make sure all of them contain the Peas camo textures. It would take about 2 minutes to do.

Steve

For those of you who want only Peas-44 camo that's easily done with a Mod. Just duplicate the [camo-peas] textures and make sure all of them contain the Peas camo textures. It would take about 2 minutes to do.

So there is no actual in-game variable effected by camo?

Nope the way i see it is i air things in public so you can't just send me a snotty PM or Just ban me out right.

Plenty of witnesses so its not a case of your word against mine.

Quite frankly my people skills are more tailored to dealing with people that joeblogs civi doesn't like to talk too, So yeah I'm Combative well that is my nature, but how would you feel if you asked for help of somebody who is obliged to help you as your a paying customer with a instant ban because there inability to separate a troll from a legit customer.

ITs pretty easy for me to say your jack and crap at your job because your arguing with a paying customer over your poor choice of words.

I've taken in to consideration that you are showing some remorse and have chosen your words better this time. But I'm not going to be put off by you telling me your going to ban me if i reply in what you deem negative manner.

Mate, I've been shot at rocketed, morterd by real bad guys and i still got up everyday for 6months to do my job you honestly think saying your going to ban me would make a difference at all? I made a second account because you banned my first for Christ sakes.

I would ask for a refund but i know your policy says nay to that.

So ban away if you think that's the correct course of action but it just makes you and your company look unprofessional and shows you have absolutely know interest in the welfare of your community.

"yeah giz us your money.. f*ck off"

And lastly I think my behavior is entirely reasonable to say that I purchased two games and modules from YOU and you repay me by being incompetent and rude.

So does it really surprise you how "combative" i am?

Edit: well i see you've changed your tune with the hole uniform thing thank you for that by the way genuinely