Sign in to follow this  
Amona

Strange combat bug in 1.01 patch

Playing several games in single player of 1914 call to arms as well as ostaufmarsch, I noticed on several occasions ground units of the AI attacking my ground units over large distances like they were long range bombers.

In one instant the Indian Cavalry corps, landed in Marseilles, attacked an ottoman corps in the Caucasus over half the map.

I am playing the SC series right from SC 1 a decade back and never experienced this bug before.

I don't have any saved game files for it, but I'll say that I can second Amona's contention. In my experience it always happened along the front lines in France (ranges up to 8 tiles or so). I don't know why I didn't mention it before, I guess I just assumed they were graphical glitches associated with air attacks of some kind.

Hi Amona,

This is a bug I'm looking into and was unfortunately introduced with the latest patch. It is related to the improved combat AI but a small item that I overlooked is causing the issue.

This will be fixed ASAP.

Hubert

What is the ETA for a fix on this? Game is unplayable now.

I disagree, it usually happens only once or twice a game, thats only a very minor inconvenience.

It looks to be resolved and I'm just running some more testing to conrim.

But like Amona said in my test run it only happened 2 times in a full Ostaufmarsch campaign and this was with the AI playing both sides so hopefully it is indeed just a minor inconvenience for now.

Sign in to follow this