New file at the Repository: Salang Blues (Campaign) (2012-12-20)

• 2 weeks later...

Enjoying this so far altho' have only completed the 2nd battle. Even though the maps are large, am enjoying the hit and run aspect where you have to do as much damage as possible and get out with minimal if ay casualties and even ammo state is important.

Had to redo the 2nd battle half a dozen times before I could get a win and progress. Otherwise you get sent back to the battle one situation (altho' with extra units). What is interesting and original is that these CMA battles are even more sensitive to friendly casualties than even the CMSF Allied forces. I like that...

Yeah it took quite some time testing to find the perfect balance for point allocation.

Some things I am not very satisfied about but due to restrictions I was forced to do so. One example is the inablity to script the AI behavious more precisely. You can't, for example, tell the AI to move a specific path and take a different path if the first path is blocked. You cannot tell the AI to call in reinforcements or do cinematic transitions between battles either wich gives the game a little "dull feeling" but I have tried to work with the editor and squeeze as much joy as I could out of it.

Somehow the world does not feel authentic. If you zoom out of the map you see the edges and "below the terrain". If you have played Company of Heroes you see a better solution to mapedges, and I think they should have choosen this type because it just looks better.

If you like the map pelase VOTE on the repository webpage :-D

re map edge world, am still unsure why it changed from CM1.

Items that make your campaign memorable, is the verisimilitude - the "feel" of realism. I like the "story" in the briefings, even the shortage of ammo, and I like the sense of building up to bigger and better things with more equipment and ammo if one is successful (which I hope will continue after my battle 3).

I lost battle 3, but still advanced to battle 4 which I won with a major victory despite not doing any better (imo) that in battle 3. So, I don't understand how victory levels are calculated. It seems suicidal tomove the units close to the road, so I can't figure out how to use the mine unit with uits charges.

The orders are always to finally withdraw. But, there are no points indicated for a successful exit, so not sure if one may as well just CF when one feels one has accomplished what one can.

Also, in battles 4 and 5 the briefing says there is no way to climb down the mountains, so again... what is the point on the mine unit when it has very little ammo and can't get anywhere close enuff to use the explosives?

Well as long as you keep destroying the trucks you are doing good. You are not required to destroy anything else.

The mine unit is just sthere to give covering fire no to deploy any real mines since there is no time no access to mines.. at least not at this stage.

If you fail level 3 you shouldnt advance. You loose the campaign. I dont think you meant level 3?

The point in level 4 and 5 is to destroy the trucks from the hills. This is acually how the mujahideen sometimes targeted the convoys on the roads. They didnt borther going close to the road they just took the high ground and shot at the trucks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...