AAR Scenario Question - patches & versions

Badger73

General question to those whom care.

Given the differing flavors of CMBN distributed amongst us, how important is patch & version information when posting AAR's? Do scenario battles play differently between v1.01/v1.11 and v2.0?

I'm currently running v1.11 and will likely stay there until some of the graphical mods (like Juju's Tweaked AI, Mord&CN's Unit Portraits, Veins Tracers) become v2.0 compatible. I still intend to post AARs of modder scenarios developed but am not sure whether or how versions might differ. (Specifically, I just finished "Dusty Roads 2.0" and owe the developer an AAR posting for his updated scenario). So, for those of you with any opinions, does versioning matter to any of ya'll in this matter? If so, how?

My intent is to make AARs as useful as possible for others when deciding whether to play them. Suggestions welcome. I'll apply such feedback as best I can.

Good luck and good gaming!

Well, unless they changed the naming conventions of the portraits you can use my mod with no ill effects in 2.0. I don't have it so I can't look. The only other thing would be if they added any new portrait then they'd show up as stock pics.

The only reason scenarios would play differently would be because you have some new orders at your disposal but the upgrade isn't gonna affect them in anyway. You can pretty much figure most people here will be playing the game patched to 1.11 and using 2.0. Unless they are FaxisAxis.

Mord.

Okay. It seems then that game play itself, or game outcomes, don't differ much between versions. I wasn't sure whether play balance might have been much affected by movable waypoints, the new scout and driver commands, target armor arc, target briefly, or canister rounds.

Truth be told, its really ez's patched uniform mods which I want to keep playing. I like to see pixeltruppen who match Mord's portraits and the briefing OOB. As I understand it, v2.0 doesn't support these patched uniforms mods.

Thanks for feedback.

Well, the new orders are gonna definitely help you but outcomes all depend on how good a player you are, playing vs AI or live opponent, stuff like that.

What new scout and driver commands?

To get the unis to work all you have to do is rename them to the new naming convention's 2.0 is using.

Mord.

<snipped>

What new scout and driver commands?

<snipped>

Mord.

From Battlefron.com "Combat Mission Battle for Normandy - Feature List"

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1745&Itemid=517

[COMMANDS]

New Scout Team Command sections off 2 men, favoring automatic weapons, to act as scouts

New Driver Team Command allows large passenger units to leave behind one or two Soldiers to drive and/or man the weapon of a transport vehicle (such as a halftrack)

Hence my thinking in earlier posts that Juju's tweaked AI is not compatible because it hasn't accounted for these new command buttons yet.

<snipped>

To get the unis to work all you have to do is rename them to the new naming convention's 2.0 is using.

Mord.

Where can I reference those conventions? Be advised, I've not yet learned or performed the "rez-explode" tasks which you and the more experienced players / modders know how to do. So, I'm looking more for a readme type instruction set that tells me "rename 'A' to 'X' in my Z-folder".

Ahh, yeah, those aren't new for 2.0.

Here, try this it's very easy. I'll break it into steps.

Go to where you've installed CMBN...usually it'll be C:Program Files/Battlefront/CMBN or something to that affect.

Open your data folder and right click the 2.0 brz...select copy.

Go back to the main CMBN folder. You should see a folder

called Mod Tools. Open it.

You'll see a folder named RezExplode. Open it.

Place your brz into the folder titled "input". Now click on the EXE ICON that says RezExplode.

A second folder will appear and switch to this message ---inprogress---, at this point the brz is exploding.

When it's done the folder will say "exploded".

Open the exploded folder and you will find all the files that were packed into the brz. Some times they will be in folders, other times, just random files...all depends on how the creator packed them.

Now, You can cut and paste them directly into another folder and peruse them all you want. Find the uniforms and see how they are named.

Best I can do until I get 2.0. If you are on a Mac you will be SOL, though.

Hope this helps.

Mord.