Sign in to follow this  
Doug Williams

PBEM QB stuck on loading screen

Bud_B

Yea PBEM being out of action is very frustrating, especially for those like myself who only play vs humans.

I'd say it'll be getting a fair bit of attention from the BF crew though, as it not only renders the game unplayable, but also because it seems to be affecting quite a few people.

I saw that! I only discovered it because others posted about it. I played a number of QB's against the AI and had no problems so never considered it might not work in PBEM. I'm waiting for a friend who lives in another city to buy the game as well but of course it has to be possible to do PBEM first for it to be worthwhile. :rolleyes:

Never fear, it'll be fixed.

It's not unusual for any game to have a few problems for some users when a new patch or content is released.

Don't discourage your friend from getting it, for most people it's sensible to play a few games v the AI to start with anyway, just to get a feel for the mechanics.

There's a fairly steep learning curve to overcome.

If you're like me you'll soon discover there's no substitute for a human opponent, but learning a few things vs the AI is a good idea.

Especially when it comes to things like pacing, line of sight etc.

It really is a fantastic game.

I wouldn't be feeling so frustrated with it being out of action at the moment if it weren't for the fact that I'm so addicted.

Never fear, it'll be fixed.

It's not unusual for any game to have a few problems for some users when a new patch or content is released.

Don't discourage your friend from getting the game, for most people it's sensible to play a few games v the AI to start with anyway, just to get a feel for the mechanics.

If you're like me you'll soon discover there's no substitute for a human opponent, but learning a few things vs the AI is a good idea.

Especially when it come to things like pacing, line of sight etc.

It really is a fantastic game.

I wouldn't be feeling so frustrated with it being out of action at the moment if it weren't for the fact that I'm so addicted.

LMAO! Yeah these games can be a curse. :rolleyes: Not really, but we do get pretty fond of them.

As for AI vs human, no kidding, that's why I was concerned! :D my gaming experience goes back to the original Avalon Hill Battle of the Bulge. Computer wise, recent years have been a disappointment, going from Company of Heroes to Men of War and finding both lacking in realism. After getting used to a game I almost never play the AI, it's always me and my (distant) buddy, who shares my interest for WWII. So yeah, I hear ya, it's a much more rewarding experience to play against a friend and be able to jaw about it afterwards.

WynnterGreen pointed me over to this post.

I'm getting a similar problem after installing v2.0. However, my game loads just fine. Instead, it crashes at a certain point in the "Playback" part of the game.

Sometimes I can play for several turns no problem. However, once it happens you're done. It crashes at that point every time. (I was saving the turns .. so I can re-load the "crashing" turn again and again for testing)

I also play a lot of PBEM ... so this is a major problem.

Anyone else having this type of problem?? (Ticket Number: UXA-661923)

I wonder if anyone has successfully got a PBEM QB to work past the point we described in this thread?

Do PBEM scenarios work ok?

I started a scenario PBEM, we got to turn 8 or so and neither of us liked the battle and quit. We started the QB-PBEM and it failed on turn 002.

I just sent a new QB-PBEM turn 002 back. I'll post again in a few hours.

I started a scenario PBEM, we got to turn 8 or so and neither of us liked the battle and quit. We started the QB-PBEM and it failed on turn 002.

I just sent a new QB-PBEM turn 002 back. I'll post again in a few hours.

I'm waiting to see if someone I sent a turn 2 will work or not as well.

Good to know that at least scenarios work PBEM.

I tried to load up Scenario 1 of the Courage and Fortitude campaign the other day. It stalled at 29%. Apparently the game scans your saved files and, in my case, made the judgement call that I wasn't 'up to it'. Or somefink.

2nd attempt at QB PBEM a failure too.

BFC are ya'll looking into this one? I can send files

Initiate a Help Desk ticket. You can add files to your ticket. This needs to be fixed soon. I'm surprised this bug got by QC before 2.0 was released.

So Bud Backer and I were setting up a game and we got past the dreaded turn 2. I think the reason is because he set up the game but forgot to set my forces to be chosen manually. They were automatically picked and we went right through to the game. Could this be where the hold up is?

Gaaa did I do that? OMG, I'm sorry! I was able to pick my forces, as player 2.

My thought was that it worked because I used a repository map rather than an official one included with the game and perhaps the designer did something the BFC folks don't, or vice versa.

cjslax6 did you want to start over?

Some testing Ive done seems to support that the game will crash at 5% loading of the second file in PBEM if human selection of forces is made. If the QB settings for at least the attacker is set to Automatic, the game seems to work fine.

Some testing Ive done seems to support that the game will crash at 5% loading of the second file in PBEM if human selection of forces is made. If the QB settings for at least the attacker is set to Automatic, the game seems to work fine.

That is good information for BFC to know.

I should add that making a QB where Human selection is picked, but once one gets to the force selection screen, using the "Suggestions" button does NOT act as a workaround. The game will still crash.

Mine and my friend's too.

Have tried several QBs and same crash on 3rd file.

Tried to reinstall CMBN+CW 2.0 - still the same.

Thought that's that could be mine or friend's issue, so we checked QBs localy - same crashes on 3rd file.

Hope that 2.01 will be out soon.

Thanks.

Allright BFC, drop your coc*s and grab your socks. Holidays are over and it's time to get back to work and squash this PBEM bug.

I don't know but I've been told, eskimo p**** is mighty cold.

Mmmm good.

Now fix this bug.

Sooo if you filed a helpdesk ticket you might have heard back from our friends at BFC - they acknowledge the bug, and will be fixing it in the next patch. That's why it helps to file tickets! :)

Sooo if you filed a helpdesk ticket you might have heard back from our friends at BFC - they acknowledge the bug, and will be fixing it in the next patch. That's why it helps to file tickets! :)

any ETA on the 'next patch'

Sign in to follow this