To all of you who want something for nothing

I probably would have given my first born child to Battlefront for the target armor arc and moveable waypoints alone, so 10$ is a steal. :D

what a dependency and dedication :-)

I hope that it's a joke. but in my country there is phrase that it lies realities under the jokes

Perhaps if you'd followed the link I'd posted...

you'd understand his comment better. Or not...

It's not a joke, it's hyperbole, which i am sure everyone uses.

Nope, it was a joke ;)

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I'm up and running again and 1.11 fixed the invisible troops problem in Win8.

Thanks to those who helped or gave support through showing I wasn't the only one who can make a mess of what a tech person regards as obvious.

My bold.

So, let's see: BFC released a game which specified which OS it would run under. Windows 8 most definitely wasn't listed since CMBN came out well before Windows 8 was available. You changed your OS to Windows 8. CMBN stopped working. It had a bug. In an OS it wasn't advertised to work under. BFC released a patch which enabled CMBN to run in Windows 8.

So, BFC enabled a game to run in a new operating system which was never thought of when you purchased the game.

Remind us all here, how much did the v1.11 patch cost?

Oh, it was free? Hmm, one could almost call that (wait for it)...unethical?

The highpoints:

1) Let's recognize that altipueri, after complaining elsewhere, made up for that by posting his thanks in this thread for the resolution of his problem. That was a class move, reflecting well upon the aforementioned gentleman.

2) BFC provided a FREE patch for a problem based on a user migrating to software not advertised as safe to use to run the game.

3) Did someone get something for nothing? I think so...

Back to it.

(Edited to add: Please don't think I'm picking on altipueri. I am using his post to show the significant efforts made to improve the game...for free.)

I'm going to lock this one up now since I think all that's needed to have been said has been. You guys asked for an upgrade path since CMBB (2002). It's taken us a while to get to a place where that's possible, but we have delivered on that. You've also asked that the price for the features be reasonable, which we've also delivered on. A few don't agree, which is to be expected. I just had to make sure it was understood where we stand on the concept of working for nothing. I'm pretty sure we're all on the same page :D

Steve