Sign in to follow this  
Copper

Normandy 2.0 and Commonwealth Forces

Where is CMBN installed on your machine, and what version of OSX are you running?

Okay, now that I've managed to update to v 2.0 I'm having the same issue. I cannot access my Commonwealth module files. Copper (or anyone else), could you give some more detail as to how you fixed this issue? Where was this "install CMBN only box"? Did I miss something?

10.6.8 has some "special" problems - namely, 10.6.8's version of Installer (Apple's install backend) is broken in a few ways. If you put your copy of CMBN in the default location (/Applications/CM Battle for Normandy/) the installer should properly find the module and update it.

Here is what I did when I ran into thei same problem.

Without reinstalling anything, I just ran the 2.0 upgrade installer a second time. It was then that I noticed the boxes that appear that ask whether 2.0 should be installed for just Normandy or installed for both Normandy and the Commonwealth module. I blew by that during the first install. I had just glanced at it and assumed the first box was for Normandy and the second one was for the Commonwealth module. Both boxes are checked by default by the installer. Since I had Commonwealth installed I had left both boxes checked during the initial installation of the upgrade. Apparently, that was my mistake. I should have unchecked the top box and left the bottom box for both Normandy and the module checked.

When I re-ran the 2.0 setup program again I unchecked the Normandy box and left the other box selected. I got a message that the upgrade was already installed but I pushed through that and the installer completed the installation.

I then started Combat Mission Battle for Normandy and the icons for both modules were on the screen and no scenarios were grayed-out. I started one of the larger Commonwealth battles and took it to the map setup phase. It worked fine. I did not play the battle so I don't know if there are still other issues.

I'm running Win7 Ultimate 64-bit and Battle for Normandy is not installed in the default location.

Hi

How do you check if you are running version 2.00 for both normandy and commenwealth. I seem to have upgrated but - I can't really see any difference in the games OR the files (games installed default place).

Best regards

Morten

Hi

How do you check if you are running version 2.00 for both normandy and commenwealth. I seem to have upgrated but - I can't really see any difference in the games OR the files (games installed default place).

Best regards

Morten

The version number is on the center bottom of the initial screen, it should say 2.0 if your install went alright.

The version number is on the center bottom of the initial screen, it should say 2.0 if your install went alright.

Thank you for the answer - but i am still seeing the same intro - no 2.0 :-(

I Will try to install again, for the third time.

Any Way to see on the files that the update went ok?

Best regards

Morten

Hi guys

let me tell you i am getting a bit tired now - after I updated a few driver some time ago - I have not had anything but trouble with this game. ( and FI - but last I checked ( yesterday) that seems OK:-) )

I had update to 1.11 troubles

Reinstall issues

Licens issues ( solved with the great help from the helpdesk)

And now this update to version 2.00 - (after finding that I should only tick the "update both" option - I can not make the update "stick".

I shut down the norton while updating- I checked if any files should be quarantined after starting the game (none).

Some files seems to be changed - the timestamp has changed.

But nothing has changed when running the game.

ANY tips/advice/help would be MOST helpful!

Best regards

Morten

You need to follow the contents of the desktop link to make sure they do in the end point to the executable with the changed timestamp. You should also compare the md5 checksum of the executable with those who have a working 2.x update.

Hi guys

And now this update to version 2.00 - (after finding that I should only tick the "update both" option - I can not make the update "stick".

I shut down the norton while updating- I checked if any files should be quarantined after starting the game (none).

ANY tips/advice/help would be MOST helpful!

Best regards

Morten

I think at the least you will have to set an exclusion for the exe. file. I use Norton also and what I have done to cure the problem is to set an exclusion for the battlefront folder. Now when a new version comes out I download to the battlefront folder run a quick scan and update. Good luck with the install.

Regards

John

Sign in to follow this