Sign in to follow this  
Phantom Captain

Patched but now asking for key?

I can't figure this out.

I originally installed into C:\Games\Combat Mission Battle for Normandy

When I install the patch it found that directory and installed it. I can even see the new files in the directory, that is CMBNv111 readme and stuff. However the game is still asking for license key.

When I try to reinstall the patch and manually browse to the same folder it says there is an error with where I installed my base game.

Hmmmmmm. Maybe I should just reinstall everything from scratch and let the game install in the default program files?

Any ideas would be welcome.

The Upgrade is not a patch. It does require you to relicense your game. This new Upgrade key (the same code that you used to download the Upgrade with) is your new license key. You don't need any previous key (base game or module) ever again.

I just patched up but when i go to run the game it's asking for my key again. Is this correct? I thought it said we didn't have to re-license? And if so, do I add my BN preorder key or my CW key??

Help!

1.11 is a patch and doesn't need new anything.

2.0 is a new game, so to speak, and you get all new install licenses and a new key.

If you're running Windows Vista or newer Windows version, then launch the game by right-clicking and selecting "Run as administrator". This may be necessary for the game to read the licensing file (for some reason after the patch install).

If this works, then you can modify your launching shortcut so that you don't have to always right-click. To do so, right-click and select "Properties" from the popup menu. In here go to the 'Compatibility' tab and at the bottom of this tab is a section labeled 'Privilege level'. Check mark the box next to the text that says "Run this program as an administrator". Click 'Apply' and then 'OK'.

To my knowledge, the 1.11 patch is NOT necessary for the '2.0 upgrade'.

I have downloaded 1.11 which worked a treat. The download of V2.0 yesterday appeared without the BF icon and would not work. Downloaded today and the install worked.

However it says it is a trial version! And asks for a serial number ... which is confusing as we only get a license. Anyway the license does not work and instructs me to go for the manual version as it cannot get to the actication server. The manual version also does not work. I have asked for a code.

When I first double clicked on the license key in the email in order to copy and paste it, I noticed the final 2 characters of the key were not highlighted, so my copy and paste efforts were invalid and I had to manually select the whole string - just a heads up in case you've suffered the same weirdness!

Sign in to follow this