Unity of Command

Shmavis

It's fun and very challenging, but almost feels like a puzzle game more than a wargame due to the large scale/short number of turns. There is some room for flexibility, but it seems that for most scenarios there are only so many "correct" moves to make if you want to capture all the objectives on time.

I guess it just depends on what sort of game you are looking for.

It's fun and very challenging, but almost feels like a puzzle game more than a wargame due to the large scale/short number of turns. There is some room for flexibility, but it seems that for most scenarios there are only so many "correct" moves to make if you want to capture all the objectives on time.

I guess it just depends on what sort of game you are looking for.

Yeah, I've only played the Voronezh scenario and it seems like the emphasis is more on maintaining supply lines than destroying the enemy. That's not necessarily bad, just different.

Hello, Andy! Yes, it's me. It's been a while, hasn't it? How are you?

Great. Sam and I are married as of August - you know, 11 years, two kids a dog and a house it was probably time.

Been through a couple of jobs - enjoying this one I started a month ago, it's more front-end consultancy plus I get commission.

I don't really play CM any more but I drop in the forums occasionally. How's life treating you?

Great. Sam and I are married as of August - you know, 11 years, two kids a dog and a house it was probably time.

lol Congrats! She's a keeper.

Been through a couple of jobs - enjoying this one I started a month ago, it's more front-end consultancy plus I get commission.

I don't really play CM any more but I drop in the forums occasionally. How's life treating you?

We've bounced around a bit. We're in Nebraska now. Some ups and downs. I bought a copy of CM:BN, thinking that I'd play the heck out of it, but I haven't touched the game in over a year. I haven't really played video games that much, as a matter of fact. Had to take a break from school and go back to work! Now, I'm trying to do the opposite. lol

• 3 weeks later...

Re: OP; I do like the game but it is heavily biased towards quickly attaining your map objectives and so it is mainly about attack, attack, attack. The engine may have some promise. But I do so very much hate the bobblehead unit symbols and little tanks, coming from the old "NATO counters are king" crowd. The mods that remove the bobbleheads from the main game work well, but so far no way to remove them from the DLC game.