Could this be the last Peng Challenge Thread????

Nidan1

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's typical of you, everyone else wants him in front so they can punch him in the nose if required, but you... you want his back. Seen any Heath Ledger movies lately?

Noba.

You really have trouble with English, don't you?

I guess that only makes sense, when you live in a country where every single animal is trying to kill you and your primary spoken language is screaming.

You really have trouble with English, don't you?

I guess that only makes sense, when you live in a country where every single animal is trying to kill you and your primary spoken language is screaming.

Not really. It's only the snakes and spiders that make you sweat, and of course a wee bit unhappily lately, sharks. The rest is just harmless. Oh, perhaps Box Jellyfish, can't forget those little nasties... and perhaps the mosquitos, and cane toads....

Noba.

The land where a mammal evolved with a poison claw. Ok, an early, primitive mammal. There's a few down here and they don't all wear clothes. Noba, fer example, 'cept without the cool claw, the clean personal habits and the duck's bill.

We're top of the food chain, and we're not about to relinquish it to the spiders or snakes. Sharks and crocs bring some grief to holidaying ignorami, but a hidden glee to the locals - it helps if you believe the big signs that clearly show people being et by crocs, big red letters, exclamation marks - five or ten different languages go on those signs, but common sense doesn't. In the old days and further north and west where the hard people survived, the tourist often wouldn't be missed for two or three days. It was often the case that there would be no remains to be found (protein gets used quickly where you have a fauna able to support multiple apex predator species) - another reason to rejoice. If one of the clubs could swing it, a relative was invited to a wake and presented with a piece of crocodile, possibly the one that et the afflicted. Much beer and jollity.

So the apex predators serve a purpose under the sun, and are in some sense a true measure of the wealth of the land we live in. The remainder of the extant organisms are mostly addled by heat or choice, and show the barest signs of sentience, let alone intellect.

The remainder of the extant organisms are mostly addled by heat or choice, and show the barest signs of sentience, let alone intellect.

And there we have it, a thumbnail (dirty one at that) description of the inhabitants of that barren and blasted land beneath the equator by one who lives there. QED and all that.

Michael

*yawn* Soooo, I just need to wait until the end of your watch?

You'll be waiting a long time, lad. A long time. A long, long, long time.

The clock will tick, shadows will lengthen, seasons will change. Somewhere, a dog will bark.

For I am always on watch. As the ONE AND TRUE Justicar of the Peng Challenge Thread, I remain forever vigilant and my shift never ends.

The overtime I get is just... freaking AWESOME.

Which means nothing, as we are on EST. Bloviating buffoon.

Well done there Boo, you had me searching for my Wiki link thinking... "He's made that word up!" But no; you hit upon the perfect word to describe Emrys (spelt, not bold).

Congratulations, you have justified your existence if only for a very short while...

Now when are you getting MG? Your poor pixeltruppen deserve an outcome, not to be left half dead.

Noba.