Could this be the last Peng Challenge Thread????

Nidan1

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is ..............?

Is ................... ?

Does ...............?

What's the matter? You in line to be one of the thousand monkeys?

Brain gone on holiday again and your fingers not got the message?

Phfffft. T'Other-siders.

In more world breaking news. Boo Baby is threating to take his

game and go home. His challenge might be a Faux** Challenge yet.

Noba.

** Taken from the Emrys Speech, obviously.

To be honest (something you don't hear too often around here) I was just giving you a graceful way to decline, due to your advanced age and all.

Having to listen to your creaky knees every time you excused yourself from the game to get up and use the bathroom (Every ten minutes or so), was going to prove tiresome, I figured, and in order to save wear and tear on your aged and brittle cartilage... not to mention my ears, I'd let you talk yourself way out of a fight... grandpa.

To be honest .......BlahBlaH etc.

Pot; this is Kettle.

We all know that your local chemist has a ready supply of No-Doze tablets to stop you dropping off to sleep all the time, trouble is you've been forgetting to take them.

WAKE UP BOO!

Noba.

So, what's up with the challenging and Penging and stuff?

I ran into Berli at the cigar shop near my house today, he dropped by tonight on his way to work near my place. We chatted. Engaged in persiflage. He confirmed his relations with Sam the Dog and Joe the Cat.

Anybody else have a Berli/Seanachai sighting recently? No?

Didn't think so. You're not like me.

Boo - move to Minneapolis - it would complete the circle or somefink.

When I was about thirteen. I read the first two books in two days, the first books I missed meals for. They also taught me to slow my reading down, look at all the writing, but that didn't happen until I was about twenty-two.

The first three form a complete tale and are quite magnificent. I bought the fourth book and tried to read it, but it just didn't work for me and I gave up after a few dozen pages.

BTW, her earlier works written during the '50s are quite nice. I found Touch Not the Cat and Moonspinners particularly to my liking.

Second BTW: John Michel has some interesting things to say about the name Emrys in The City of God. Mostly legend and what some here would call mystical mumbo-jumbo, but mystical mumbo-jumbo can offer its own interest in so far as it offers a road map to some of the peculiarities of the human mind.

Michael

Boo - move to Minneapolis - it would complete the circle or somefink.

In a word? No.

Too much snow. When you have shovelable snow in the middle of April, and not just on a once-in-a-while-type occurrence... that's far too much snow. I've already mowed my lawn once and I should have mowed it today. But it rained, so I stayed in and had a Game of Thrones marathon.

I would suggest all of you move to Akron, but this town is depressing enough.

In other news, Noba (cunning little nimrod that he is), has blocked all the access points to his side of the town by using his burning halftracks. I must admit to having had a hand in the burning of said halftracks, but that's not important.

The score right now is ME with many, many points and him, not so much.