Chaos at Merville

Greetings, Jaeger8888

Oh, yes, it can be done.

But, it's not particularly easy.

Try moving your main forces up the road on the far right, scout for openings in the barbed wire/minefield defenses as you get close to Battery D, and assault from right to left, "rolling up" your objectives from D to A (you'll be behind many - but not all - of the prepared defenses).

There's also a fairly nice open area, starting in the upper left corner of the map (from the British perspective) leading practically all the way to the "hinge" between the trench systems defending Battery A, down which you might want to send your reinforcements when they arrive.

Best o' luck, and give 'em hell.

DARoot

[Note: Your Vickers HMG is pretty useless in its Startup position, especially at night.

Accept the inevitable, and plan on moving that slow asset to a better position, on one of your flanks (or with your Main Body), from the very beginning. The sooner you start it moving, the sooner you will find a useful spot for it. There are very few good positions for it (and a LOT of opposition) along that main central road, which (because of it's slowness) you will be tempted to take.]

Greetings, Erwin

No, I shouldn't think so.

It's one of the original scenarios that came on the CMAK disk.

It's actual title is "HSG Chaos at Merville v3.cmg" and dated 6/29/2005, if that's any help.

DARoot

[sorry, Jaeger8888. This is your thread. I just happened to see this question first, and happened to know the answer. Back to you now, Sir.]

Thanks for the note DARoot.

Apparently, it didn't come on my disk as I have nothing like that under HSG and I have accumulated over 540 CMAK scenarios since the game was released.

(Altho' as a v3, I thought that sounds like a scenario that came later as a d/l from someplace.)

Is is a good/fun to play scenario? If so, I would appreciate getting a copy.

Greetings, Erwin

(and, apologies again, Jaeger8888)

I Have CMAK v1.4 (the Vista upgrade).

Perhaps that accounts for the discrepancy.

I have no problem PM-ing you a copy of my scenario, but out of respect I will not do anything until Jaeger8888 checks back in.

DARoot

• 5 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I guess this scenario is the airborne assault on the gun battery at Merville at dawn on D-day? I made a scenario of it for CMBN and it would be fun to see what it looks like in CM1. Can any of you guys post some screenshots. Alas, I wish I had a PC that could run the old games.