Road to Dinas anomaly

Erwin

Have been stuck for over two years(!) at the start of the Red vs Red "Road to Dinas" campaign - the "WHERE FARMERS DARE" mission (11?). I really want to finally complete this campaign as it is xnt.

Despite removing my entire Z folder, the at-start Red units have still got US/Nato weapons. So, this appears to be a game issue, not a conflict with any mods. Some of the units like the MG teams don't seem to have any weapons at all. Not ony do they not appear in the weapons windows, the units themselves are empty-handed.

I have never experienced anything like this in any other of this campaign's missions, nor in any other CMSF scenario or campaign.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

I took another look at the saved "Where Farmers Dare" scenario from the "Road to Dinas" campaign and realized that only the FO was armed properly with 3 AK's. All of the other inf units were armed with one or two (only) western small arms weapons, like Minimi's or M4's or somesuch etc. The rest of each of the squad or teams had no weapons at all!

Totally bizarre... Anyone played this scenario and can confirm this isn't a bug in the campaign itself?

I am glad to hear it. The previous scenario worked fine for me. Something seems to have happened between the end of that and the start of "Where Farmers Dare."

Since so many of their weapons are missing, I don't think I can continue and just don't know what to do.

Any chance you could send me your set-up file? Maybe mine has gotten corrupted

I saved and kept most of the Dinas scenarios as I played through em. I checked the previous scenario and all graphics and weapons were just fine. So, something weird happened when I started the new scenario a couple of years ago(!) Then forgot about it as CMBN and CMFI came out. But, I have a real hankering for CMSF these days, so have been going back to it to complete half finished campaigns.

I wonder if a CMSF patch changed the version half way through and that caused anomalies. Anyhow, I sent you my e-mail via "private messages."

Actually I can send you my file from the previous scenario (which I think I won). Maybe you can load it up and get to the Where Farmers Dare set-up turn and see if it looks ok to you(?)

Thanks mate...

Received it fine, thank you, Michael And it looked perfectly normal. :)

But, I tried playing it RT since that was your mode, and got massacred. :(

I don't know how people play in RT unless you're pausing every few seconds.

Hope my file arrived at your location ok. Am really curious as to how it looks to you.