[Released] Trees & Bocage Mod

Rambler

New mod I did that gives the trees and bocage a more natural look. Pics are better than words, so here they are:

Kb4Fp.jpg

9DQk8.jpg

sTnfZ.jpg

Igfti.jpg

This one is from an early version of the mod, but it's just a cool shot and shows the bocage well.

AmBYa.jpg

As always, available for immediate download at CMMODS here: http://cmmods.greenasjade.net/mods/4786/details

...and later at the repository. Enjoy!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the kind compliments everyone! Hope y'all enjoy 'em.

@veralum - My goal is to have them finished by the end of the year. Took a break from them to do this mod and actually play the game :D.

@phil - I have no idea since I don't have CMFI. Even if they are, from the screenshots I've seen the color palette of CMFI is different than CMBN. Having the lush greens might not look that good in the dry environment of CMFI.

• 4 weeks later...
Does this overwrite the tree and bocage textures that come with Aris' HD texture mod?

If you add enough ZZZs in front of the mod - then yes. But I have noticed that this mod doesn't really look good with Aris terrain, as Aris tends to desaturate things. Rambler's trees look too bright and green with the rest of Aris stuff :)

If you add enough ZZZs in front of the mod - then yes. But I have noticed that this mod doesn't really look good with Aris terrain, as Aris tends to desaturate things. Rambler's trees look too bright and green with the rest of Aris stuff :)

Yes - I had to pull this mod as it looked out of place with the aris stuff ... too bright.

Yes, as other have said, with enough z's in front of the filename, these will overwrite any other tree or bocage edits in other terrain mods.

Also, this mod was never intended to go with the desaturated terrains. I thought the screenshots would show that. I guess I fall into the minority that thinks BFC's texture artists did an outstanding job with the stock terrain color palette. The greens I see in the game are greens I see outside everyday. Since I feel this way, my mod uses the existing tree and bocage colors. As selfish as this sounds, I mod primarily for myself and choose to share it with others. If it doesn't match the desaturated terrains, so be it. It was never my intent. If you prefer the desaturated look, feel free to rezexplode the mod and desaturate it for your personal use :).

Please realize I am not bashing the modders who have made the desaturated terrains or those who use them. Fuser, Vein, et. al. have done an awesome job with the ones they have produced; they are very high quality mods!