Can someone help me with taking nanning?

Early/mid game I seem to be unable to ever take nanning with the Japanese. Does anyone have any videos of the opening moves of the game or such so I can see how this is successfully done. I keep getting bottlenecked in china the whole game as the Japanese. Currently I have everything southeast of china including Australia but I'm hopeless against the Chinese. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hello Stuka JU87 ^^ ,

- As xwormwood said, air force can help a lot, tac bomber (even better with ground attack lvl 1 or 2) or carrier strikes can deentrench, reduce morale and/or finish the job.

- Bombers can reduce supply to 0 and prevent the chinese unit in the town to be reinforced but you will have to block nearby tiles to the north (road/railroad) to avoid other units coming in.

- You also have a special force unit in Japan at the start, if you use it against Nanning it will help (2 deentrench + lowering enemy morale when attacking)

- You can also replace your general in the area (I think it's Okamura lvl 6) by a lvl 8 one (sack/replace in HQ scrolling menu)

- You can take Indochina first and send an HQ and units there to attack Nanning from the west and support your main assault.

- Getting infantry tech lvl 2 early will also help to capture Nanning.

• 3 weeks later...

As a first turn opening sequence, you can unload the 17th Korean army to the space Northwest of Hong Kong, then move it to just East of Nanning. The 1st Cavalry corps can then force move to Northeast of Nanning. The 11th army near Shanghai can transport to Hainan, then force move to Southeast of Nanning. The Okamura HQ should move north. These units can attack Nanning starting on the second turn, assisted by the aircraft carriers, and you may want to move over the special forces in Japan as well. I hope this advice is useful.