Icon Pack by Xenon 141

Hi!

Ever since SC:GC Gold was released I found it sad that the various infantry levels used the same icon, while there is the possibility for unique icons.

Some time ago I came up with the idea of creating an icon pack for my personal use to allow for different level 0 to level 2 infantry icons in SC: Global Conflict Gold. If you like that thought, I have uploaded it to the repository so it should be available soon...

I tried to stick to historical uniforms for the most icons but there will certainly be some that are simply wrong. I'll be reworking some of my older icons and add more different AT-Guns as well as the icons for the zoom function later.

42489334.jpg

Hope you enjoy this small pack for what it's worth. Feedback and comments are appreciated!

• 4 weeks later...

Any chance that you will do an icon pack for those of use who dont use the 3d icons? I prefer the other ones. I remember in SC1 someone made icons for the ones I use that would let you know if a unit was upgraded (example a panzer III vs a Tiger). They were just sideways pictures, but much better.

At the moment I'm busy with exams and my projects at hand. It doesn't sound too difficult to do, so I'll look into it for the next version, if the opportunity arises. However I won't make any promises to "if" and "when" I'll find the time. Hope you all continue to enjoy the game!

Xenon

• 3 months later...

Now, for a quick update. I have uploaded version 1.2 with some replaced icons and new icons for the chinese (an attempt to make them look more like nationalists instead of communists) + other small changes.

36406353.jpg

Sadly, I tried my best at the military icons but in the end my attempts didn't look all that great... I'm afraid I won't be able to do decent icons there...

And now for something completely different... :D

55753317.jpg

This looks really interesting, what war is it from Xenon141?

Hy, Bill

It's about the struggle of the short-lived "Republic of Baden" in southern germany and marks the end of the german revolution of 1849. Basically the republicans and the army overthrow the Grand Duke of Baden (the last attempt in 1848, the Hecker Uprising failed) and are later beaten into submission by a federal army under prussian leadership. So far the scenario actually plays quite well but there is still a lot of balancing/scripting/images to do. It's not entirely historical concerning the strength/details of the forces involved; the republicans have a fighting chance here either to survive till the end of July or even spread the revolution into the neighboring Kingdom of Württemberg by decision events. The historical attempts failed but it's interesting to play with the possibilities of following the conservatives like Brentano or radicals like Struve. I have given this thing a mayor overhaul after I converted it to breakthrough. Still a long way to go but that's half the fun in building a scenario. Glad it looks interesting, despite the unusual theme. :)

Xenon