Questions to sound modders: small arms audio files

I'm tinkering with some old sound mods and some samples I got myself to reuse some of them for the new weapons in FI, but I'm not familiar with sound modding.

-How do you know how to name the files? Is there any list? I don't know how to name the new files to play for the italian weapons.

-How does the system work?. I see that there are some weapons that have two files in some mods, named a and b, with a slightly different pitch. Does the game use alternatively both files to create variation? Some have a x1, x2 and x3 versions, which unsurprisingly contain one, two or three shots bursts. When does the game use each one?

Thank you in advance.

I made soundmod for guns directory. Garand alone has 9 different sounds.

I have given almost all weapons several sounds and they sound really evil. Like a real thing :)

Files are named like this: Works on some textures too.

gun garand 0

gun garand 1

gun garand 2

gun garand 3

gun garand 4

etc...

Thank you, warloch. That's interesting news.

I'd really like to try your sound mod, where can I find it?

On the issue of the list of files, I found this very helpful thingie elaborated by stikkypixie

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=314&func=fileinfo&id=2353

It's a list that contains ALL the files used by the engine, including the sounds. If I'm not mistaken, FI only creates one new shot sound (compared with CMBN+CW), 'gun 6 italian'. I have yet to discover if it's used only for carcano rifles or for the light Breda as well.