Flavor Object 7 and 8 "potted plants" BETA

stikkypixie :

I use HxD it's simple but gives me the feature I want i.e. I can make multiple replacements throughout the file with one command. Makes sense about the your roof observations. Found it strange the buildings could come in but the roofs wouldn't work. Strange thing is you can have the facades and windows and everything change for something in Syria or A-stan and have a pitched roof like in Europe. With a few little edits and vehicle changes BF could have had a N. Africa module-of courrse the Grant Tank wouldn't be in it.

Hi, thanks for the answer :). I'd like to it for myself actually for funsies (I always like to know how this stuff works), are you replacing the binary content of one house with the binary content of an other house? Could I do the same by renaming files via the rezexplode tools from BFC or do I need to perform additional actions?

stikkypixie:

Well the names are the same on the files-so that won't work. I tried to structure the files like in SF: A-Stan, but that didn't work either. Names of graphic files (facades are the same as I recall). I deleted the files but I will put in an upload this afternoon on this this string via Mediafire (it's a bit slow this morning but it will get done-it weighs in at 85 MEGS) the STOCK buildings from SF: A-stan and you can play with it. I hope you can do it. I can't.

The roof for FI have graphics for the roof tiles and eaves on one bmp-just put one texture on that bmp and the corrupted graphics are gone. Anyway-you got questions I'm here. What I am up loading is the stock building file-which is located like in FI in your TERRAIN file.

stikkypixie:

Well the names are the same on the files-so that won't work. I tried to structure the files like in SF: A-Stan, but that didn't work either. Names of graphic files (facades are the same as I recall). I deleted the files but I will put in an upload this afternoon on this this string via Mediafire (it's a bit slow this morning but it will get done-it weighs in at 85 MEGS) the STOCK buildings from SF: A-stan and you can play with it. I hope you can do it. I can't.

The roof for FI have graphics for the roof tiles and eaves on one bmp-just put one texture on that bmp and the corrupted graphics are gone. Anyway-you got questions I'm here. What I am up loading is the stock building file-which is located like in FI in your TERRAIN file.

Oh, I think there is a misunderstanding here. What I meant is, do you take a file from CMA, and put it in the brz files of CMFI? Is a hex editor necessary for this or can rezexplode be used?

I took the file from CMA and put it in brz format for FI.

I tried hex editing certain roof names like taking roof and changing it to roo1 (to preserve the integrity of the size of the file) and renamed certain files roo1 but that didn't work. The buildings in CMA can be configured in MODULAR bldg in the Scenario Editor.

Interestingly you can just drop the stock CMA BUILDING file in the FI Z file in as a normal file setup or brz format. But either way you can't get the roofs to work.

You need to reexplode the game file from CMA -their in TERRAIN FILE named BUILDINGS.

I took the file from CMA and put it in brz format for FI.

I tried hex editing certain roof names like taking roof and changing it to roo1 (to preserve the integrity of the size of the file) and renamed certain files roo1 but that didn't work. The buildings in CMA can be configured in MODULAR bldg in the Scenario Editor.

Interestingly you can just drop the stock CMA BUILDING file in the FI Z file in as a normal file setup or brz format. But either way you can't get the roofs to work.

You need to reexplode the game file from CMA -their in TERRAIN FILE named BUILDINGS.

have i totally missed the stripey sentry box in the editor or is it something youve made?

Well you can get it here.

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=314&func=fileinfo&id=1832

But it has an issue. Per the readme

"collectively change all tool sheds in the game to German sentry boxes"

Well in my best efforts to correct that it only allowed you to keep the toolshed and the guardshed patterns BUT the toolshed pattern would appear randomly even if you saved it on the map as a Guardshed. Toolshed is it's own FLAVOR object. Something funny about the TOOLSHED falvor so what I did was....

turn the Guardshed into a SHELTER flavor object. I added a flavor object in the scenario editor. I renamed the toolshed Mdr file to Shelter4 (there are 3 stock Shelter flavors) and renamed the bmp to Toolshe1 and changed the text in a hexeditor to Toolshe1 from Toolshed-not hard to do-there is only one reference to change as I recall. You don't do that the mdr will paint your guard shed with a toolshed bmp. You want it to read it's own unique bmp-and you can't get fancy with names when hexediting-the file has to stay the same size. In my homebrew the Guardhouse keeps the patterns and survives after saving the map. What's in the repository makes every toolshed a guard house hence you have guardhouse in places where they they shouldn't be-like guarding a cabbage patch

I didn't do the graphics so I can't rightfully upload to the repository but I will contact the original author to see if I can upload the correction. For me it was just a hexeditor exercise and I don't play e:mail just a.i.

You want this Guardshed to appear in other peoples maps when playing the game (via e:mail) they have to have this Shelter4 flavor-otherwise the game defaults to a stock shelter-much like my telephone pole mod-you don't have that and you are playing a map with the new poles-but don't have that new flavor-the game defaults to the old telephone pole flavor.

Various flavor studies I worked on-I don't think anyone want a bullet riddled Fiat or Opel-all these Flavors are from either CMA,CMSF, CMBN or modified from FI. But all are in FI. The potted plants and extra toolsheds are from CMA.

Guardshed is my converted Shelter flavor from the Guardshed repository file (but doesn't replace toolsheds like that file) and telephone poles from CMA are in the repository.

CMFortressItaly2012-11-0316-04-39-66.jpg

potted.jpg

CMFortressItaly2012-11-0316-01-45-65.jpg