Must say something.....

not complaining or something, but lately all i see is mods, mods and mods.

must say, i don't have a single mod installed, but i do looking for scenario.

tried to make my own a few years ago, but found out i'm not a talented scenario maker.

is anybody else finds this mods thing a bit overrated due to the fact that there are only few scenarios add weekly or monthly?

or is it just me....

I've said myself that 3rd part scenarios makers seem to be infected with a bad case of 'over-ambitiousitis' these days. You always hear rumors about 4x4km maps accurate down to the last detail being worked on. But nothing seems to come of the projects. Really, all we need is a hill, a farmhouse and an entertaining backstory.

Gentlemen,

Well, well, well....

I have a nice short scenario for you to try.

15 minutes.

"Salvate il Maggiore Rinetti"

You can play as either side versus AI or scrounge up an opponent and go HtH.

PM me with a real e-mail address and I will shoot it back to you ASAP.

It is not the super final version that will be posted to the "suppository" but it is nearly there and feel free to critique me so I can improve/learn.

kohlenklau

I've got a small scenario languishing on my hard drive. If anyone wants to take the orphan on (map done and OOB done) then happy to fire it on. Just needs briefings and AI Plans.

PM me.

Time been taken up with my Normandy project so this went on back burner...

Cheery!

My thread for the Tunisia WIP map/HTH scenario has an enormous number of views, and plenty of well-wishers, but the response to my request for playtesters was so small that I've had to just test it myself in solo hotseat. If the response had been better, I probably would have released it by now. I've made loads of improvements and I'm about 1/3 through my test battle. Once it's done and I'm confident it works pretty much as I intended, I'll post it to the repository.

not complaining or something, but lately all i see is mods, mods and mods.

must say, i don't have a single mod installed, but i do looking for scenario.

tried to make my own a few years ago, but found out i'm not a talented scenario maker.

is anybody else finds this mods thing a bit overrated due to the fact that there are only few scenarios add weekly or monthly?

or is it just me....

The modders thank you, I'm sure.

There's no doubt that creating content with the CMx2 scenario editor is more work than with the old CMx1 one but I don't believe that that is the reason why you're seeing so little third party content being generated. Neither do I think that it's a case of over-ambition on the designers' part. I think it's because this community has raised the bar too high and has become far too critical in a negative, and sometimes even nasty way. Either that or new work is ignored and thedesigner gets no feedback. You guys need to encourage and nurture new talent by providing positive encouragement and feedback. You're not paying for their work so there's no reason to be negative.

The modders thank you, I'm sure.

I do ;) I made 3 or 4 scenarios for CMBN and nearly 100 vehicle and terrain mods for BN and FI, and the man who opened the thread hasn´t posted a single thank you yet. I understand the lack of scenarios must be frustrating, but the tone of the post wasn´t very polite i´d say. Seems as if the community deserved something to him.

could it not also be attributed to the fact that its a great game and maybe even Scenario designers like to kick back and blow **** up sometimes?

I designed my first map before ever playing the game - in my mind it was a mistake because nuances in the map, its design are inspired by knowing what players will do when confronted by certain features and you can have a wry smile to yourself while adding details to the map.

Unless totally bereft of imagination i dont see why anyone wouldnt build a scenario themselves, as has been said - it needs a hill, a farm and an interesting backstory then add your own features - i read all the time 'i cant design a map', 'i tried but its too complicated' - none of the scenario designers had designed a CM map until they tried, and then learnt from the feedback - we can all be scenario designers

Also worthy of note is consider that a mod isnt written for you! Aris wants a better looking vehicle in game and he then shares it with the rest of us, Mord and his paratropper's red berets, he wanted that in game for his preference but then decided to share it with the community - there might be a lot but thats because people are making small tweaks for their enjoyment and sharing their successes with you - you dont want them? dont use them? you want a new map that looks really cool - then open the scenario editor and try, when you make it, share it - if you decide you cant be arsed because its too hard, then consider that you expect someone else to, and they have to go through the same processes you do but you decided it wasnt worth your time

could it not also be attributed to the fact that its a great game and maybe even Scenario designers like to kick back and blow **** up sometimes?

I designed my first map before ever playing the game - in my mind it was a mistake because nuances in the map, its design are inspired by knowing what players will do when confronted by certain features and you can have a wry smile to yourself while adding details to the map.

Unless totally bereft of imagination i dont see why anyone wouldnt build a scenario themselves, as has been said - it needs a hill, a farm and an interesting backstory then add your own features - i read all the time 'i cant design a map', 'i tried but its too complicated' - none of the scenario designers had designed a CM map until they tried, and then learnt from the feedback - we can all be scenario designers

Also worthy of note is consider that a mod isnt written for you! Aris wants a better looking vehicle in game and he then shares it with the rest of us, Mord and his paratropper's red berets, he wanted that in game for his preference but then decided to share it with the community - there might be a lot but thats because people are making small tweaks for their enjoyment and sharing their successes with you - you dont want them? dont use them? you want a new map that looks really cool - then open the scenario editor and try, when you make it, share it - if you decide you cant be arsed because its too hard, then consider that you expect someone else to, and they have to go through the same processes you do but you decided it wasnt worth your time

Amen bru! :)

Time been taken up with my Normandy project so this went on back burner...

Cheery!

Hey George -- can you elaborate on this "Normandy Project"? Sorry if I've missed an existing thread.

Given how much I enjoyed your Ostfront work, I'm intrigued with what you'll come up with in Normandy!

Thanks alot...

Hey George -- can you elaborate on this "Normandy Project"? Sorry if I've missed an existing thread.

Given how much I enjoyed your Ostfront work, I'm intrigued with what you'll come up with in Normandy!

Thanks alot...

Glad you enjoyed the Ost front stuff. Must admit I'm looking forward to heading back there with CMX2.

The Normandy project is the action outside Cintheaux during KG Waldmüller's counterattack when Wittmann led his unit into disaster. Theres a sort of thread - under villers bocage. It has some screenshots of the map I was working on.

Cheery!

Glad you enjoyed the Ost front stuff. Must admit I'm looking forward to heading back there with CMX2.

Could not agree more...I still fire up CMBB now and then to "get my fix"!

The Normandy project is the action outside Cintheaux during KG Waldmüller's counterattack when Wittmann led his unit into disaster. Theres a sort of thread - under villers bocage. It has some screenshots of the map I was working on.

Got it...I do remember reading the early days of that thread...will check it out now.

Thanks again!