Really Weird! France Surrenders as part of the allies to the allies?

On 14 Sept 1941 the Brits with the help of the USSR take Berlin after previously taken Munich. On 28 Sept 1941 Germany surrenders. France having never been defeated, re-equips and moves on Milan. (The Italians are still fighting on). The Soviets withdraw their forces to the far East and declare war on Japan on 9 Nov 1941.

Meanwhile, the British forces including the French and Canadian Tank Groups move south and eventually on the same date take Venice.

On 1 Mar 1942 the the French Tank Group finally takes Milan meeting the rest of the French forces approaching from the West. 29 March 1942 I reenforce the French and British and move the British forces that don't require reenforcement south ready for an attack on Rome. I then give the AI its turn.

12 April 1942 it come up with "France Surrenders", then "France plunders 280MPP" and finally "Allies Lirerate France". Didn't see that one coming! France (an Ally) surrenders to themselves and I loose all my French forces. That's certainly a new and novel way of France getting out of a fight! Any thoughts?

Very intriguing. Do you happen to have any saved turns?

I suspect that France's National Morale might have something to do with this, though they should receive some substantial boosts if they are still in the war through 1940. Assuming this is a standard campaign too?

Happy to send the saved file before France surrendered but you'll need to give instruction on how to save it to an email. You're on the right track with morale. For some reason it had dropped from a high of 126% on 20th July 41 (liberation of Brussels)to 4% 0n 29 March 42 despite allied (including French) successes.

If you navigate to your installation folder you should see a subfolder called 'SAVE'. From there you can just grab the file that corresponds to the saved turn you created and then attach it to your email as an 'attachment' in your mail program.

Should do the trick and if you have any trouble, just let us know,

Hubert