"The Heist". Looking for input on creating

newlife

So I really liked the CMFI scenario "catch a tiger..." as it was creative and out of the box. It got me thinking about other cool ways to use the game engine. It then occurred to me... Is there a way to do a heist? Imagine a town map big enough to get lost in guarded by a German (They always seem to have the good loot) platoon or company. The force size is not enough to watch everything and guard everything. Instead the scenario has some forced roadblock positions and then the German player has a few descretionary forces to patrol. The allied troops will be a small but skilled force with a touch objective somewhere in town. They need to get in then back out.

Ideally there would be a requirement to get a truck into the touch objective and then out of town. Or maybe there are multiple trucks "hidden" in town already and one of them has the goods. (in this case the German player would be on their honor not to destroy the trucks beforehand). Or, is it possible to have the truck arrive as a reinforcement at a predetermined time in the middle of the map?

Anyone have a map this might work with? Thoughts?

Instead of touching the "bank" you could have the mission objective as "destroy object" to simulate breaking in. Then fight your way to an exit point to exit your forces.

As for having the truck pre positioned, have a high walled court-yard, not viewable, or not within reach of the friendly player for a while, and have the truck spawned there at some point.

Another idea for your consideration:

There was an xnt CMSF scenario where a light inf force had to stealthily get into the center of a town, locate a spy and (fight to) get him out safely.

Meanwhile, their light armed transports and guards had to fight off enemy recon units that were trying to get into the town as well. So, one has action and stealth in one scenario.

I forget, does CMBN or CMFI have CMSF type civilians? If not, substitute a small friendly unit without any ammo. (Maybe even an enemy, so he could be forced to surrender?)

Personally, I think these sorts of scenarios could be really unique and interesting campaigns. It seems like 90%+ of all CMBN and CMFI scenarios/camapigns are straight ahead planned assaults with little room for maneuver or do anything else, and they get boring.