accuracy/efficiency of machine gun fire

Killkess

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in terms of the HMG/LMG changes:

-accuracy is up a bit, but is basically the same. Bursts are a bit more tightly grouped.

-ROF is up, but now variable based on range, so it goes way up at short range. The increased ROF probably accounts for most of the increased hits.

-suppression is up which has the biggest impact on game play.

In terms of gameplay changes, advancing towards an unsuppressed LMG/HMG is now a definite no-no. Suppression is the name of the game now. On the attack, you will be rewarded by using proper fire-maneuver tactics with a lot of suppressive fire. On the defense, remember the new suppression code works both ways, so leaving a LMG/HMG is an exposed spot where it can be easily suppressed is not a good idea.

in terms of the HMG/LMG changes:

-suppression is up which has the biggest impact on game play.

Also important to note that the while suppression from small arms projectiles was increased in general, suppression when moving directly toward the source of fire was boosted even further.

The fixes specifically contained in v2.01 were done long after v1.01 was released, so they are definitely not a part of v1.01. They will, however, be coming into Italy along with Gustav Line. That will be version v1.10 and, like always, there will be a 100% free patch for Fortress Italy customers who don't have Gustav Line.

Steve

The fixes specifically contained in v2.01 were done long after v1.01 was released, so they are definitely not a part of v1.01. They will, however, be coming into Italy along with Gustav Line. That will be version v1.10 and, like always, there will be a 100% free patch for Fortress Italy customers who don't have Gustav Line.

Steve

Will the CMBN v1.12 patch include the MG parameter changes (they were just paramater changes, weren't they? That's what they sound like when they're discussed by those who're "in the know").

• 4 weeks later...

Steve

Sorry I know this is a bit of an old thread but just wanted to double check that these MG changes will definitely be available in a free patch (i.e. not like CMBN 2.0 patch) for people who only have CMFI (and not Gustav---which I'll probably get, but might not immediately)?

Sorry I know this is a bit of an old thread but just wanted to double check that these MG changes will definitely be available in a free patch (i.e. not like CMBN 2.0 patch) for people who only have CMFI (and not Gustav---which I'll probably get, but might not immediately)?

Yes they will