WWI Breakthrough! - 1918 Russian Civil War AAR

Hot news from Russia!

The Bolshevik party has dissolved itself and is going underground, though key leaders like Lenin, Trotsky and Stalin have fled the country. They are rumoured to be heading for Switzerland, with White agents hot on their tail!

With the loss of both capitals, the Central Committee realize that the fight has become hopeless and envision that after a few years of White misrule and infighting between their factions, worker and peasant unrest will increase and this will give the party an opportunity to reform, reorganize and once again take to the barricades.

I hope you all enjoyed following the action, we certainly had a great time playing it and it's inspired quite a few ideas to improve the campaign further.

I'd like to thank Ivanov for being a great opponent, and to congratulate him on giving me a decisive trouncing! It's been great fun and I look forward to playing with you again...

We're now going to be testing out those changes ready for the first Breakthrough patch, though we also plan to have some more AARs for you in the very near future. :)

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So this is the end! Makes me wonder what would happen if the Whites really won the Civil War...

Thank you everyone for following this AAR - I had a great fun and I hope that you've enjoyed it aswell.

Thank you Bill for a great match. I think that we have reached here the new hights on the propaganda front and I don't feel, that the Whites outmatched the Bolsheviks on that field :D. I hope to meet you soon on some new battlefield!

Thx. Loved your AAR.

And patiently waiting for the patch because I had a weird bug with the demo... the game freezes on some occasions, sometimes when a popup appears (like "enemy contact") the game freezes, the map doesn't scroll anymore and my left mouse button does no longer work, but the right mouse button still does...?

I have found a way around it though, the right mouse button still works on the right hand panel, with all the buttons etc, when I click on that a menu appears and the game is working again, ofcourse I then have to leave that window again. Another workaround is pressing the "windows" key on my keyboard, that activates the game too... weird.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...