"Struggle for Hill 1967"

fiaros

• 2 weeks later...

Hello fiaros -

The idea of The Proving Grounds is that new scenarios are posted there first, so that they can be tested before they graduate to The Scenario Depot.

Since this is your first 'official' scenario, you really need to get a bit of feedback before you post it to The Scenario Depot (TSD) - and the place to do this is The Proving Grounds (TPG).

Have you played it through against the computer, and then with a PBEM or TCP/IP opponent?

These are very important things to do.

I've had a quick look at Hill 1967, and I must tell you that I think it does need a bit of work to make it into an interesting battle.

Please don't be discouraged - it can take a bit of practice to learn how to make fun scenarios - and you must remember that so many scenarios have already been made that you need show some new ideas - things that haven't been seen hundreds of times before.

If you are Greek, you might want to research and recreate a battle that occurred in mainland Greece (vs the Italians or Germans) or on one of the islands in the Mediterranean - there are not enough of such scenarios, IMHO.

You can substitute another Allied army (the French?) for the Greek Army - I believe there may even be Mods to make the uniforms look right

(I live in a a suburb that has a lot of Greeks - Kogarah, in Sydney, Australia :))

Too many units is a mistake that all of us have made in our early scenario attempts.

Best way is to start small - no more than a company on each side, plus a couple of vehicles.

Do plenty of testing yourself, and download and play some of the top-rated scenarios from TSD to see what kinds of things people like.

Best wishes, and have fun.

• 2 months later...

I believe that this scenario has brought new aspects already, since it is quite different from many of the scenarios that I have played on CM. And this was one of my initial goals. I don't believe that anyone who creates a scenario must have in mind only to be of the liking to players, but rather trying to form the criteria of them by ascending their preferences. I recognize that there is a common accepted procedure, and I respect this.

I just tried to make myself a fun scenario for first, which I hope to be accepted by the community. The next scenario I am creating is historical indeed and as close as possible to the real events, although I must admit it will lack of reality at the point that CM AK cannot simulate precise the armor, neither the defensive works of the Greek army at the so called "Ruppel Fortresses", the Metaxas Line, during the operation "Margarita" at the German attack from the north to Greece on April 1941. I intent to create more scenarios on this area.

At this time, I will follow the right procedure in uploading and publicising the scenario.