Sign in to follow this  
Grim.Reaper

Breakthrough Expansion - Stand Alone?

Sorry I could find any details by searching, so thought I would ask. To play the upcoming Breakthrough exapnsion, will it require the original base game or will it be completely stand alone? Trying to decide if I should buy now or just the expansion.

Sorry I could find any details by searching, so thought I would ask. To play the upcoming Breakthrough exapnsion, will it require the original base game or will it be completely stand alone? Trying to decide if I should buy now or just the expansion.

My understanding is the former. You will need to have a copy of the original game to use the expansion. Usually, there is a bundled price where you can buy the game plus the expansion for a savings in shipping or a small discount.

I have another question if you don't mind, since I don't own the base game but I want to play the expansion... will a complete package including both games be released as well?

Thanks in advance.

As far as I know: for the initial release there are no WW2 campaigns included. But as SC "The Great War" came out, the WW2 campaign "Storm over Europe" was published with 1.02 as a free Add On. There is nothing official yet, but I can imagine there is something "under consideration".

Just to clarify, the base game will not be updated when you purchase the Breakthrough expansion. To do that you'll still need to update it to v1.06 but it does not have to be at v1.06 for the expansion to run.... you just need the base game installed.

Sign in to follow this