Hi Res CM

Anyone tried it ?. I'm using a 1920X1200 60Hz refresh and game looks great, but thinking of upgrading to an IPS monitor that has 1440p / 1600p and the ability to overclock the refresh to 120Hz. Does CMx2 support (scale) this or would the UI look tiny with unreadable text ?

For what it's worth I'm using a 30" with probably similar (maybe slightly higher) res as JyriErik. But, I have to manually dial it down to 1920x1200 just to make the UI readable.

However, I do not see any deterioration in image quality, therefore no real point in running at higher res. I suspect that CM2 is designed for a max resolution of 1920x1200 or lower.

Can your 27" iMac handle even the large battles with a decent graphical quality?

I only ask because I am considering a replacement for my old 2008 iMac.

I bought the 27" iMac in November and am running 12Gigs of ram.

On the very large battles (Hot Mustard is one) I have to lower the quality, turn off shadows and there are times that it will pause for 10 seconds and continue. Somewhat annoying but it is what it is.

At that point I don't really care how it looks, I just want to be able to play the game

Tried out Hot Mustard & it does run slowly with the settings at their highest. My iMac is the 2.93GHz i7 with 1Gb Radeon HD 5750.

The problem with speed on the larger scenarios IIRC is that Apple optimizes OS X graphics for stability first & Windows graphics are optimized for speed. That said, since I prefer small to medium sized battles so the large battles speed is not a deal breaker for me.

Jyri