Aris Vehicle Thread...

Yes. There are different horizons for Sicily and Mainland Italy and a 4 different textures for each season, and hazy and thick haze textures for each set too. So it's quite a lot of work,....but I think it will be well worth it, as it modifies the game in a very dramatic way.

It's wayyy too much work at the moment,..sorry,..A single modder would need months of continous work for that alone, it's just plain crazy, from now on I guess I will just release single selected mods from time to time,...I think the comunnity needs more modders.

Senor Fuser,

I want to learn how to do it. I want to buy the right program. I've asked you like 5 times.

Maybe you are too busy to answer me. You do reply and answer many other things.

I sincerely appreciate you doing the Bulge roadsign weathering and the Bulge horizons.

Once again : What software do you recommend? Adobe Photoshop CS6? CS5? Something else?

I want to get climbing the "learning curve" and slowly make decent mods.

Gracias

"I think the comunnity needs more modders."

With the greater complexity of CM2 vs CM1 it's a concern that the few people with the skills and time to put into modding and scenario design will decline. Esp since it seems that with every module/patch, many mods no longer work and have to be redone. It's hard enough to figure out which mods work and which should be permanently deleted. I cannot imagine the work required to actually produce the new mods. :(

I have Adobe Photoshop CS3! <<<< F-R-E-E >>>> :D

OK, starting out slowly, day 1!!!

Goal is to winterize a US M3 half-track.

started with the wheels file and tracks file

a layer of packed heavy snow with greater opacity in the treads of the tires. a dusty frost/snow layer with lesser opacity.

saving with the [snow] file suffix...

M3snowinprogress1_zps47805597.png

compared to before I did the weathering...

M3snowinprogressbefore_zpsca7418d2.png

Hey Fuser, sorry for this post, my bags are packed and I will get out of YOUR thread. ;) Thanks for the help and pointing me in the right direction. I'll always remember you Tio Aris! sniffle sniffle

Pero un pregunta muy importante: if you do recall any super useful plug-ins you have acquired along the way, please tell me. Gracias

• 1 month later...

That is one mean looking machine Aris - I particularly love the darker patch around the muzzle and the mud above the treads and over the turret markings. Ooh - also love the welding marks on the armour plate.

Now if only I could afford a machine that would let me appreciate these in game! At the moment I get my fix from following your thread.

Hopefully Battlefront might be able to fix the stretch textures on the spare wheel and MG at some point. On the positive side, there is a huge amount of detail in the model itself - I couldn't even guess how long it takes to build one of those, and how much time must be spent agonising over measurements - would anyone from BF be able to say?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...