Aris Vehicle Thread...

After a dozen or headaches, final version is almost ready (Sunday at CMMODS). Less "plasma"fire, more smoke and a lot of artifacts, metal debris, and simulation of torn hull fragments flying,...two frames of the sequence (there are 19 in total):

No Photoshop (in the screenshots, of course :) ):

ExplosionFinal2.jpg

ExplosionFinal.jpg

Exceptional, Aris!!! I'll be looking for this tomorrow at GaJ's. Thanks again for your work.

Yeah, that sucks. Does metal derbies look OK on non-vehicle involved explosions?

I would think that the debris could be anything from rocks to tree roots to infantry pieces-parts... Explosions happen quickly enough that it will be difficult to tell what's what except when the action is stopped for a screen cap.

After a dozen or headaches, final version is almost ready (Sunday at CMMODS). Less "plasma"fire, more smoke and a lot of artifacts, metal debris, and simulation of torn hull fragments flying,...two frames of the sequence (there are 19 in total):

No Photoshop (in the screenshots, of course :) ):

ExplosionFinal2.jpg

ExplosionFinal.jpg

That is beautiful

Explosions happen quickly enough that it will be difficult to tell what's what except when the action is stopped for a screen cap.

Couldn`t have said better myself. The whole explosion sequence lasts 0.2 seconds. You might see something flying on the air, but human eye can`t detect any forms. The main difference from stock explosion is that you might notice sparks, and other artifacts. Hard for me to test this one, as I have to be VERY precise to stop the sequence in the bitmap I want to check. I have seen the same poor Stuart explode 250+times already,...