Aris Vehicle Thread...

2011 World Series Victory: Down from Two Strikes, Twice in Game 6 was one of those amazing sports moments for me. I could not sleep for hours after watching maybe the greatest post-season MLB game.

Buzz

This!!! As a lifelong Cardinal fan, this was the game of a lifetime... I was so jacked up, I just made a pot of coffee, watched SportsCenter all nite and went to work quite early in the morning... after Game 6, I knew the redbirds would take Game 7 and I'd be late for work on Friday.

But, the sports events are OVER! Where's that cute little Italian tank with the white beanie? It begs to have its head slapped off :D

Thanks, Fuser, for all you do with these mods; CM would not be the same for me without them. I really wish I had a better understanding of what's happening to these mods... I have decent Photoshop skills, but they relate more to photo editing and masking than towards painting... modding these tanks seems like it requires more of the latter skills.

I will try to have it ready for tomorrow, maybe today evening...but no promises. I have a new destination in my job and a big workload at the moment, :(

@Rake: my modding technique is based on photoreal editing with dirt decals with transparencies, and hand drawn details with custom brushes...but other modders may find differente approaches i am sure.

This!!! As a lifelong Cardinal fan, this was the game of a lifetime... I was so jacked up, I just made a pot of coffee, watched SportsCenter all nite and went to work quite early in the morning... after Game 6, I knew the redbirds would take Game 7 and I'd be late for work on Friday.

I am with you Rake. I could not turn my brain off after watching Game 6. I have yet to watch the 2012 Ryder ROMP replay but I suspect it is another jacked up sporting event.

Thanks, Fuser. Heading to DL now. I am sure it is spot on great per your standard of modding.

Buzz

I am reediting my CW Jeep mod, to add some Sicilian-Italian flavor to it, but textures stretch like no other in CM, it seems to be intended to be used in a monochromatic way so texture stretching are not noticeable (green stretched=green anyway). I will upload it soon, but if you want my CW jeep mod can be used if bitmaps are renamed accordingly.

Not a project or mod in itself, but a version 2.0 i´d say.

FYI, Next Mod: Italian L5 Light Tank.

Fuser,

Pretty impressive! Those soldiers are obviously straight from the Repple Depple. Have you given any thought to adding a canvas windshield cover to the folded down version? My understanding is that this was a fairly common thing in North Africa and doubtless continued into Sicily and maybe Italy. Glint could be deadly!

http://www.butler.va.gov/images/061311_FEATURE_Jeep.jpg

Regards,

John Kettler

In fact, CMMODs was in abeyance not because of bandwidth issues (which I pay for and had planned to continue to do so) but because of the cost of hosting the web site application and the database that it uses: this suddenly became not-free.

At heroku.com (a fantastic web-app hosting site) you can get a "development database" for free. This is intended both for the developers of websites before they "deploy" them, and also for "casual, small-time" websites. It is free to run. Heroku run these on a "best effort" basis, and aim for 95% uptime, with no particular guarantee of responsiveness.

A "production database" is what they intend that you buy when your website is public ("in production use"). They guarantee 99% uptime, and you can buy increasing improvements in responsiveness.

Our generous benefactor donated enough to let me run CMMODs on a production database, so

1) I don't have to try to squish the databse smaller to fit into the free database constraints

2) We now have production uptime and responsiveness.

And I see we already have a couple of Aris' CMFI vehicles. Yay :)

GaJ

GreenAsJade,

Hosting issues, eh? We just moved my site (think they're finally done) from one host not specializing in Wordpress to another, which does. Hosting costs have soared over time, so I can definitely relate to the box you were in. Thrilled you found an angel to let you continue your valuable service and gift to the rest of us!

Regards,

John Kettler