Aris Vehicle Thread...

Well, thanks for the comments c3k, and i am glad you like the mods too and that you take your time to post here, but , you see, BFC textured a rope around that drum and I tried to improve it. If it's not a winch (what makes sense in fact ;) ) I didn't know at the time, i simply retextured the stock model, I may remove it for future modules, and include a "c3k mention" in the readme ;). Cheers.

Sweet! Off to post a bug report!

Nits aside, I must again repeat how friggin' gorgeous you've made these vehicles appear. Well done.

Ken

Next, my first Italian vehicle mod for CMx2, the CV 33 (and 35). Expect it(them) for Monday 1st of October.

(Very Early Version Pic)

Tankette33_zps590eed45.jpg

P.S: Panzer IIIN has been uploaded and will be ready soon this evening, BUT,...I forgot to include the "Bonus Material" folder mentioned in the readme, which includes 4 alternative Splash Screens. I will update the ZIP and keep you informed. Sorry for the incovenience.

I have always been curious if the Italians really did paint the cupola white, or if that is just a trick of the light in photos that make it appear white. I don't understand why they would voluntarily want to have their tanks to have what looks like a target beacon on top. (And it really looks odd when the rest of the tank is so beautifully dirtied up.)

White cupola: I don't know, but perhaps it was to keep the TC a bit cooler since this was used in the sunny Med and the TC had his head up inside that metal bowl?

That's a total guess, but I've seen GHQ types come up with worse ideas foisted on the men in the field.

Ken

Having been to Italy a number of times, owned at least 4 Italian motorcycles (Moto Guzzi) I can say with some experience that the Italians really do have a sense of style and color.

But this white cupola :confused:..

Flies in the face of everything in my experience. Style trumps practicality.

What were they thinking?

Wasn't able to watch the play on TV but read about the dramatic Ryder Cup comeback. I am sure it was thrilling, well maybe not for Tiger.

2011 World Series Victory: Down from Two Strikes, Twice in Game 6 was one of those amazing sports moments for me. I could not sleep for hours after watching maybe the greatest post-season MLB game.

Buzz