Aris Vehicle Thread...

Fuser just loaded the new distant horizon and sky mod. They look great but I seem to be getting a weird shimmering effect, almost like clouds moving very fast and casting a shadow on the ground. Never happened before and it only happens on clear days so i'm guessing it's something in the cloud-sky mod.

The new horizons look fantastic. Any chance you could mod the ground the map floats on to a little greener color to blend in with the horizon?

Thanks again for all the great mods.

Thanks guys for the feedback, appraises, and critic. For now, I am dedicated to something completeley new to me. Explosions for CMFI. Something very difficult to me. I tried it in the past, one year ago, and I felt it was beyond my skills, until now,...or so I hope. I'll keep you informed on this project. If textures don´t end in the trashcan, that is...

Great news. Just curious -- Are you talking about better colors, smoke or dust appearance, and those kinds of cosmetic changes only? Or could it be possible within the limitations of CMFI modding to actually change the look of explosions so they're bigger, more realistic, with fingers of smoke and fragments radiating up and out from them (more like the excellent ones in, say Theatre of War 2)?

Explosions can be modified so that they have smoke, particles or fragments,...but the explosion in CMx2 lasts about 2 secs maximum, so the human eyes can barely notice the subtleties most of the time. I could make them bigger, and more colourful, for sure, (and I will,...) but in a 2 second lapse is very difficult to enjoy a Hollywood show, ;)

Fire and flames , on the other hand are WAY more enjoyable from a modders standpoint, since the sequence is much longer.

Smoke looks awesome. And the dust too. I also installed your new terrain textures and horizon and very much like it. The pavement is just fantastic for example. Nice work.

The only thing I did not like was the cloud shadows. Previously I only noticed the cloud shadows occasionally, usually when things were quiet. But the ones that you just posted are very noticeable and distracting. I am not sure why that would be.

I've downloaded the new smoke, fantastic.

I've seen the new clouds of dust and the black smoke, but I've a doubt, is this mod also affects the white smoke grenade?

This mod affects ALL types of smoke ingame. Dust in roads, and mortar explosions, black smoke from burning vehicles, white smoke from grenades and other smoke ammo,etc,...

Drakenlorde made an AMAZING set of flames, I won't try to improve them, 40+bitmaps with alphas (which I personally hate ...), I love and use them myself, and so I told him in the forum. So, let's improve what CAN be improved ;)