Aris Vehicle Thread...

Having a hard time deciding if the colors of the stock Shermans are too saturated and on the greenish side. I have made several tests as I personally don´t like the stock Yellow Earth color, but I don´t really know if it resembles the actual colors used in the Theater...any ideas?

You can see the huge difference between the partially modded hull and the stock Turret.

CMFortressItaly2012-10-2510-50-58-06.jpg

Fuser, I absolutely love all of your work, and I'm pretty sure I have everyone one of your mods installed. So this is not a criticism, but I just wondered whether US vehicles would be that dirty for the Sicily campaign? I must admit that I know nothing about when, and how often vehicles were repainted, (so would welcome any expert comments on this) but would vehicles not have been re-camouflaged following North Africa, and therefore might (initially at least) have had a pretty 'clean' appearance?

Could be, you may be perfectly right on that matter, but many of the pics I have found show very dusty Shermans, :)

sherman_in_italy.jpg

SHERMAN.sized.jpg

mine_clearing_sherman.jpg

But, who knows, modding is adding that "extra" you like for your own game,...and then share,...so that's it. :)

Thanks for the feedback.

Happy to stand corrected - and thanks for your amazing work!

Palermo, Sicily, you can imagine how much dust and sand these Shermans had...

index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=4715

Anyway, as I have said in the past: some gamers hate to have so much weathering on their vehicles so don´t even install my mods, some prefer slight, very slight weathering, so don´t install my mods, some don´t like mods at all, and so on,...so there is a huge amount of players who dislike my work in some way or other, but,...I make mods that I like when playing myself, I make mods because I like making mods, I make mods that I fell proud of somehow, but I don´t plan to make everyone happy, that would make a slave of me. THANKS again for the feedback, it helps me being aware,...but not afraid, of your opinions ;)

As an old mechanized infantryman, I'll tell you that AFVs get filthy within hours of ordinary use. Tracks throw up a lot of dust if the ground's dry or on any kind of pavement. They toss big chunks of mud and soil if it's wet. In either case they don't stay clean for very long at all.

..so there is a huge amount of players who dislike my work in some way or other

I doubt this. A small minority I can imagine would dislike them! Many more might not install them for one reason or another ... but disklike? I don't think so - they are works of art.

I love the new Sherm! And I loved seeing the pictures you just posted - thanks!

GaJ

Having a hard time deciding if the colors of the stock Shermans are too saturated and on the greenish side. I have made several tests as I personally don´t like the stock Yellow Earth color, but I don´t really know if it resembles the actual colors used in the Theater...any ideas?

You can see the huge difference between the partially modded hull and the stock Turret.

CMFortressItaly2012-10-2510-50-58-06.jpg

Yellow fades very fast in sunlight. I know this from reading about Aloha shirts (I live in Hawaii). The color loses it's vibrancy real quick from the UV rays. You can do a GOOGLE on it.

And another thing. Even thought the film is faded-I think it's safe to say the color on the vehicles were washed out by the Italian sun. I've been to Italy numerous times and it is HOT and it is very, very sunny.

A very bad day for someone.

rr.jpg

Archive title: Italien, Rom.- Fallschirmjäger-Regiment 6 (FJR 6) im Kampf um Rom.- Schlacht um Montagnola in der Via Laurentina. {Laurentina is a suburb of Rome}

Dating: 10. September 1943

Via the

http://www.bild.bundesarchiv.de/

q.jpg