Mods CMBN -> CMFI

Your post made it sound he'd been gone for many months or longer with the implication that "he's ancient history, let's move on" in the same tone, as "What has he done for us recently?".

Aris is/was probably THE most important modder the CM2 series has had. And it troubles me at least that he's disappeared.

Erwin, If that's the impression you got, it was not what I intended. I agree with your views on Aris. I was just pointing out that sometimes modders do 'move on'. Nothing more than that. I obviously hope that if he wants to continue to work on CMBN/FI, then he does.

"...you were ready to abandon his mods the second that one guy posted something you liked better."

Huh, Mord? Aside from the fact that I use all Aris' mods, all I was trying to do is say "thanks". I have always made an effort to say "thanks" and express enthusiasm to any modder or scenario designer who takes the time and trouble to do free work for our pleasure - especially since it is much harder to do em in CM2 than it was for CM1.

And yes, I do think these days that people forget favors and good deeds done by others very quickly, and most people don't bother to say thanks - in our current world too many folks seem to feel "entitled" to "get stuff for free" - and yes, I do think that is a shame.

I surely hope that Aris comes back or at least makes one post to say he's ok. The fact he vanished from sight just as CMFI was announced made me concerned that he'd blown a fuse thinking that his CMBN work was suddenly obsolete. But, I hope it's just a coincidence.

I have always made an effort to say "thanks" and express enthusiasm to any modder or scenario designer who takes the time and trouble to do free work for our pleasure - especially since it is much harder to do em in CM2 than it was for CM1.

And yes, I do think these days that people forget favors and good deeds done by others very quickly, and most people don't bother to say thanks - in our current world too many folks seem to feel "entitled" to "get stuff for free" - and yes, I do think that is a shame.

I surely hope that Aris comes back or at least makes one post to say he's ok. The fact he vanished from sight just as CMFI was announced made me concerned that he'd blown a fuse thinking that his CMBN work was suddenly obsolete. But, I hope it's just a coincidence.

I know you do...but you have been going on and on like nobody else but you appreciates Aris's work. Just relax. Calling the dude 12 , for making a neutral statement is a bit over the top.

Aris will be back when he is ready. He's been modding the game since the old days so I imagine he'll come around when he's ready. He didn't leave when CMFI was announced...it was many weeks before. He's probably burnt out and tired and wants to delve into something besides CM and WWII. Anyway, most of us love his stuff, and appreciate his work and just because we don't mention his name every time the word mod is spoken doesn't mean we stopped being grateful for what he's done.

LOL what's with all the quotations? You reading my mind?

Mord.

Yes, it's a new "Mord" app I just got for my iPad. :)

PS: If my 3 or 4 posts about Aris is "going on and on" what do you say to the folks who have been having the same heated discussions making what must be literally hundreds of posts revisiting over and over again the same sodding CM2 features/issues arguments since CMBN was released lol?

Yes, it's a new "Mord" app I just got for my iPad. :)

PS: If my 3 or 4 posts about Aris is "going on and on" what do you say to the folks who have been having the same heated discussions making what must be literally hundreds of posts revisiting over and over again the same sodding CM2 features/issues arguments since CMBN was released lol?

Back to you Mord :P