Mods CMBN -> CMFI

From what I can tell so far.. havent had time to play that much.. but:

Sound mods are compatible (Im using AKD and a mix of other stuff as well as Mords US voices).

Veins short tracers compatible.

Marco B UI is also compatible (noting for the italians of course but for most German and US stuff)

Juju's excellent interface seems to work too.

...Except for the new special equipment panel (I'm guessing) and any Italian weapons and vehicles, of course.

BTW, I'm not planning on getting FI, so Italian stuff is not going to happen. I will be getting the CM:BN 2.0 upgrade (and Market Garden) so there will eventually be an update for that (and also the new special equipment panel).

I wouldn't be surprised if most of my other mods are compatible (foxholes, trenches, bridges, TRP's and walls) but of course I'm not sure.

If 2.0 messes up my floating icon mod I will be updating that too, eventually. But, again, not for FI.

Juju sad to hear you wont get FI. But Im happy that your great work for CMBN In some ways can be used in FI as well. :)

BF should give free CMFI for Juju's. :)

He definitely deserves a fee copy! ;D

Is it a financial issue or perhaps JuJu just isn't interested in the Mediterranean campaign?

Golly, you guys are too kind! :)

Juju is just not interested in the Mediterranean campaign, is what it is.

I'm also not particularly looking forward to doing a third version that's going to require constant updating after each subsequent module. I'll stick to CM:BN and its modules for now, and probably move on to the Eastern Front when the time comes!

Anyone is free to buy Juju a copy. Show em how much you really appreciate his work or is it only appreciated enough to tell BF to give him a free copy? :rolleyes:

Juju you might want to give the demo a shot if you haven't. The feel of the game is really different, worth kicking the tires.

Do we give Juju his free copy before or after we give one to Aris for all the work he did on CMBN?

You remember Aris? Anyone...?

I don't think that anyone has forgotten Aris and what he has done for this game, but he hasn't been around for quite sometime now. Maybe he's having a break and will return, but it could be that he's moved onto something else, something I've seen happen many times with other modders and other games.

Do we give Juju his free copy before or after we give one to Aris for all the work he did on CMBN?

You remember Aris? Anyone...?

Right. What Erwin said.

And anyway, I wouldn't even play it (I hardly ever played CW either, come to think of it) and then you guys'd expect me to mod the damn thing. No way, Jose! I do have a life, you know. Of sorts, that is. ;):D

I've already started work on updating my UI for v2 for BN, which means it'll be usable (at least) for FI (new- and Italian hardware and weapons excepted, of course). And most of my other mods should already be compatible (it's merely a question of checking).

"but (Aris) hasn't been around for quite sometime now"

What? A few weeks is such a long time that we can forget about some one who has performed a great service for you after that??? How old are you?

What on earth are you talking about. Who is talking about forgetting Aris' work?

Your post made it sound he'd been gone for many months or longer with the implication that "he's ancient history, let's move on" in the same tone, as "What has he done for us recently?".

Aris is/was probably THE most important modder the CM2 series has had. And it troubles me at least that he's disappeared.

Jesus, Erwin...relax for once. He'll be back when he feels like it. And yeah, you are so enamored of Aris work you were ready to abandon his mods the second that one guy posted something you liked better...so, enough, already. We get it. You are the only one who cares and the rest of us are ingrates.

Mord.