Thanks for the shader fix!

after looking it up, it seems the squeal with v-sync off is caused by coil whine resulting from too many FPS

That's it, and it is perfectly normal. Some cards do it, some don't, some games cause it, some don't. Just ignore it. Your graphics card is not going to explode.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was hoping this shader fix would improve the really ugly shadows I'm getting at times, but sadly they didn't :(

I seem to have about the same problem as Mingan - they look terrible and move around when I move the camera.

This is on Nvidia GTX 580, Win7, 301.42 driver (latest stable).

JN0hJ.png

As if I needed a reminder why video cards/drivers suck. Why should there be so many different behaviors from us using the APIs these companies say they support? Grrr...

Keep the reports coming, we'll keep tweaking things. The great part about the new shades is we can release hot fixes without waiting for a big patch. It was really nice to see so many people benefit from the first ever use of this feature!

Steve