Work In Progress: Mord's Unit Portraits

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks.

BTW I couldn't find any kind of patch for the 443rd RCT.

What do you mean will I be posting?

Mord.

If you meant 442nd (not 443rd) RCT, it was part of the 34th ID (initially as the 100th Inf Bn in '43 then the whole 442nd in '44) until re-assigned to the 92nd ID in early '45.

I meant "will you be posting before or after your well earned rest break from all things CM. I should have asked, "When will you be posting?" instead. This thankless, greedy, selfish bastardo wants to know when he can play with these very cool new toys . . . .

OOPS. I meant 473rd RCT. There's two patch versions for the 44nd.

The release won't happen until the entire mod is done. As of this point I have all the Italian, German, and US stuff complete. Even though that would cover the basic game stuff, there could be unforeseen changes so it's best to wait so I don't have to upload a bunch of different versions. From what DC just posted it sounds like I am in for a loooong haul. I can't give a release estimate because I have no idea.

Mord.

Yeah...joy. So far from what I can tell there doesn't seem to be any place that has division patches for the Russians, unless they are on a Russian site somewhere on the Russian internet. I haven't been able to find any.

Mord.

• 2 weeks later...
Ok. The US portraits are done. The count is 229 (594 total) as of this moment. I was gonna do all the Independent TD and Tank Bats but couldn't find all the DUI/patches for them so I only did a couple, mostly for the black formations (671st ITDB and the 758th ITB). However there are generic portraits for both the TD (as was in the CMBN mod) and a new one for the ITBs. I also added the 44nd RCT, the 517 AB RCT, and the 509th PIR.

The pic below is a sample of all the different styles. I think they blow the CMBN mod out of the water. Hope you like them.

I am about burnt out and am gonna take a few days before starting on the CW stuff. I have to write DC and see if he has anything ready anyway. But a couple days away from CM is just what the doctor ordered. It's a month today since I posted the first update. It's basically been a marathon of non stop modding especially after updating the CMBN portraits.

Anyway, here ya go.

ofyf.jpg

Mord.

Looks great Mord. Thanks for your application and aptitude to make CM look much "mo beta".

The British armored formations are a giant PIA. I should've had them done a couple days ago. My brain is starting to liquify. But I think everyone will dig the end result. There's well over 1000 portraits at this moment so there'll be plenty to choose from.

Mord.

I'm sure by now Mord is ready to kill me....

He's made it through the Brits, which was a chore-and-a-half, then the Canucks (which I'm sure gave him a sliver of hope that it got better)....but then came the Kiwis & Afrikaners, which has begun to peel away the fragile, fragmented layers of his remaining psyche....and I can't quite tell him that it gets better with the Poles....though, I can definitely say that, one way or another, it will all be over soon.

I...want...it...to...end.

Mord.

Dig deep, head down and power through it Mord. You know that the end result will please many and we shall not forget the many whom you will stop jumping from windows ;)

Seriously Im really impressed and grateful that you do this work Mord! Big thanks :)

Both states include the elemental of .... 1-2-3 and :DFire

Thanks Mord. You can see the finish line. It is within reach. Just a little more and the East Front will be yours to Mod ;)

Honestly I don't know how you do it but you do and Thank You.

Both states include the elemental of .... 1-2-3 and :DFire

Thanks Mord. You can see the finish line. It is within reach. Just a little more and the East Front will be yours to Mod ;)

The finish line was dangled tantalizingly within Mord's reach...he could see it, the end of his arduous journey was near...but then I, being the wicked taskmaster that I have discovered myself to have become, whispered into Mord's ear that the perceived end of his quest was but an illusion, and that the true conclusion to his efforts lay over a further, more distant horizon.

The finish line was dangled tantalizingly within Mord's reach...he could see it, the end of his arduous journey was near...but then I, being the wicked taskmaster that I have discovered myself to have become, whispered into Mord's ear that the perceived end of his quest was but an illusion, and that the true conclusion to his efforts lay over a further, more distant horizon.

So the oasis really was just a mirage eh?