Shall try to start an unofficial screenshots thread?

OK then.....'Advanced Training Campaign' (directly from the 'Invasion at Gela' campaign title page).

Happier?  :rolleyes:

You gotta teach your Liz to make you a decent cuppa.....That ale's doing you no good at all.  ;)

PS - Scroll up a few posts mate, he played that one first.

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

12 hours ago, Mr.X said:

Unfortunately, the last mission seems to be a little bit unsatisfactory.

Only a few turns in & I'm enjoying it so far... I had a 'broken door' issue cost me a man but that's hardly your fault.

Most tricky aspect will be how to present the AAR, I think I'll break the battle up into segments (The Canadians battle, The Commando's battle, the post link-up* battle etc)... I suspect this will take a while.

I do like how I see bits & pieces of the ideas that would make Zawiya Uprising so great (the trickling in of reinforcements, your varied force mixtures, surprising enemy positions... oh & the mines!).

*Assuming we do linkup.

4 hours ago, Erwin said:

It's interesting to compare this pic with the one you posted in the CMRT thread.  The lack of any haze in the above pic affecting the distant terrain makes it look much less "real".

There is some haze kicked up around the left-most Sherman. It is the same kind of vanilla effect, as in the CMRT screenshot. The only difference is the camera is looking at it, as opposed to through it.

On 5/29/2020 at 1:19 PM, Erwin said:

It's interesting to compare this pic with the one you posted in the CMRT thread.  The lack of any haze in the above pic affecting the distant terrain makes it look much less "real".

p80SQqv.png

don't all the games have this? is a great affect

On 5/29/2020 at 1:19 PM, Erwin said:

p80SQqv.png

it can be the same, just select heavy haze in weather effect.

On 5/29/2020 at 9:54 AM, DerKommissar said:

It is the same kind of vanilla effect, as in the CMRT screenshot. The only difference is the camera is looking at it, as opposed to through it.

The haze effect which is making the background terrain and pic look so realistic is caused by the dust kicked up by the gun firing.  IIRC: In-game Haze or Fog settings make the foreground look hazy as well as the BG.

Edited by Erwin

• 2 weeks later...

It doesn't worry me that the game does this - it's one of those necessary shortcuts and because of FoW and my usual lazy playing style, I seldom notice it happen. But here's the moment when the MG bearer gets killed and the MG instantly appears in the hands of the sole remaining team member.

Later on I know I've killed the last member of the team, because the corpse still has the MG.

As%20if%20by%20magic.jpg?dl=1

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Mr.X said:

Thanks for the great AAR and the very enjoyable video!

It is always a pleasure to see the own content brought to life.

Twas a great little campaign & I enjoyed it tremendously... I really, really have to return to working on Heaven & Earth but I've enjoyed CMFI even more than I was expecting!