Shall try to start an unofficial screenshots thread?

2 minutes ago, AlanSA said:

Excellent thanks. Always interesting to see how other players tackled a scenario once you yourself have completed it. 

In this case rather depressing given how few casualties you suffered in comparison to my effort. Although in my defence it was only my 3rd CMFI scenario.

I'm still not too sure what happened with the sniper team or my mortar OP getting spotted (and the thing with setting up the mortar too close to the house was just embarrasing)... but overall it went better than I expected.

I treated the Yanks like a really, really poor Syrian force & that seemed to end up being an appropriate mindset.

Next mission looks trickier... I expect I'll mess up more in that one!

The ongoing adventures of Corporal Bhatt

My Indians in shorts are pinned down, from near...

Bhatt_2a.jpg?dl=1

...and far.

Bhatt_2b.jpg?dl=1

But Corporal Bhatt, marksman, almost invisible in an overgrown hedge, patiently takes aim, and fires (this is his second kill).

Bhatt_2c.jpg?dl=1

He then selects another target, who writhes in pain as Bhatt's bullet finds its mark again.

Bhatt_2d.jpg?dl=1

8 hours ago, Freyberg said:

But Corporal Bhatt, marksman, almost invisible in an overgrown hedge, patiently takes aim, and fires (this is his second kill).

He then selects another target, who writhes in pain as Bhatt's bullet finds its mark again.

+1.  Nice shots and a regular experienced sniper.    

37 minutes ago, Erwin said:

It's unusual that a Regular would be that effective.  Am wondering how the +2 leadership and +2 physical condition attributes interact with his "Experience".  The interactions have never been made clear by BF.  

I took the advice of whoever it was that was talking about how to model Ghurkas and bumped up all their morale (a lot) and command bonus (a bit), but left the experience the same as it was 'out of the box' (Indian troops set on 'good' come in at surprisingly good quality - I've been enjoying using them).

I've been noticing over recent QBs that buying command bonuses is more expensive in points than increasing experience (marginally), so it certainly makes a difference in certain situations.

The morale makes a difference inasmuch as he's been sitting there for a while, missed quite a few shots (those two kills didn't come in a row), but has kept on firing away with no suppression despite quite a lot of MG fire slightly nearby.

Edited by Freyberg

5 hours ago, Freyberg said:

...command bonuses is more expensive in points than increasing experience (marginally), so it certainly makes a difference in certain situations.

...he's been sitting there for a while, missed quite a few shots (those two kills didn't come in a row), but has kept on firing away with no suppression despite quite a lot of MG fire slightly nearby.

That is interesting.  And yes, if a sniper is untroubled, he does do better.

Additionally. it seems that CM troops will take more chances and losses when fresh.  But, when they start getting nervous one has to handle them with a lot more care as they'll run to safety much more readily.  Seems like realistic behavior.  

8 hours ago, 37mm said:

Continuing with the "Advanced Tutorial campaign"...

... I know I should be getting back to the jungles of SE Asia, but I'm quite enjoying this foray into WW2 Italy.

Cool - the subtitles really add a great narrative to it :)

I love a good turkey shoot!

17 hours ago, MOS:96B2P said:

+1  Cool video.  The sound of the small arms fire and US voices were very good.  

As per 'Heaven & Earth', that's the "ME soundscape" mod alongside (subdued) HQS voices.