Shall try to start an unofficial screenshots thread?

6 hours ago, Freyberg said:

@Bud Backer

I love your comics :) I was a little sad you didn't get to finish the one for Rome to Victory. This one is also awesome...

Not to worry. RL stuff has kept Ian and I busy but we are slowly exchanging turns and will resume.:)

But I’m glad you like these little vignettes too!

Edited by Bud Backer

From a battle I have been playing in pre-R2V CMFI for months with a friend. It’s a huge complicated battle, starting in pre-dawn light and with rain.

An early engagement led to him losing quite a lot of armour and infantry around a wooded hilltop that I was using as a place to park my reserves. My estimate is it cost him three to four Shermans, three to five Bren carriers, and probably a platoon and a half of infantry. I lost a Panzer III and a Tiger and one squad. I still have armour, artillery and infantry there. That was an unfortunate place for him to attack...

ijat_0ppQhHiodLSEBd9QH3bitExOGdH0zVV2-BQ

A kilometre or two away, my main defensive position, a large town, falls under an exceptionally heavy artillery bombardment. This explosion is the result of a large artillery shell striking the roof of a Brumbar, as well as the detonation of on-board ammo. Never seen this in game before and the image isn’t doing the spectacular effect justice. Nevertheless you can see the blast is substantially taller than the four and five story buildings nearby.

2VWhdCIAftnuEUhM4PcH7S4ZmPnjf3Lns8Z_-GRB

This is the scene after the blast dissipated. The Jagdpanzer IV in the foreground is operational and undamaged from the blast, but the hapless Brumbar, which is kept secreted totally out of sight, is visible (below the smoke plume and flames) in the giant crater beyond it. The blast appears to have knocked down an adjacent building as well. Men inside nearby buildings are cowering. 
7Arb4SKlZb2o5UX6-Cr7tiCUebArSJ4yliNE9DC2

Edited by Bud Backer

1 hour ago, Bud Backer said:

A kilometre or two away, my main defensive position, a large town, falls under an exceptionally heavy artillery bombardment. This explosion is the result of a large artillery shell striking the roof of a Brumbar, as well as the detonation of on-board ammo. Never seen this in game before and the image isn’t doing the spectacular effect justice. Nevertheless you can see the blast is substantially taller than the four and five story buildings nearby.

2VWhdCIAftnuEUhM4PcH7S4ZmPnjf3Lns8Z_-GRB

I bet this scene from his view was spectacular. It would give me great joy knowing I hit something huge to make a blast that big after taking the pounding you laid out earlier in this battle.