Shall try to start an unofficial screenshots thread?

Quick battle meeting engagement, playing as Germans. Several tries before, and the US always won the tank duel. Also this time my Pz IV tank crew had bailed out, with one sherman still on the hunt. But I was granted 5 off-map mortar assets, and the two command teams in the center just managed to take a peek and direct the mortars. Mortar casualties were 100. US forces surrendered.

CMFI-Mortars.jpg

Edited by Kevin2k

knocked out by M10s/bombarments just like the rest of the tanks, If you read my previous post I already explained why they were not toast and secured the area. I think I saved the ending if you want more proof, just need the battle name.

Edited by user1000

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Excerpt from a PBEM match> Saved by the Tac AI.

Due to the threat of German armour, company commander and his XO decide to retreat.

rj1p2r3.jpg

In the process of pulling back, the XO is ordered to put some HE rounds on a particularly pesky lmg team.

nBfpDc1.jpg

But, the XO spots the Panzer 4 and is now in a dilemma. The commanders makes a correct call and fires at the Panzer 4.

yfaoDLj.jpg

XS7qFok.jpg

Panzer 4 is knocked out, the crew bails out. Radio operator/bow machine-gunner is not among them.

mfSrY64.jpg

Talking to my opponent, I concluded that both of us issued orders to our tanks that contradict the situation at hand. In this case, my gunner was simply faster.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yet another PBEM concluded.

AksDeFi.jpg

I played as the US Army. My opponent decided to experiment with his armor, hence the lopsided results. My reaction was simple: Nyet, comrade. This is how you use armor.

Technically, I lost one and a half tank, cause one of my M 10 was penetrated by a Panther. These are the results.

nowPC0o.jpg

Here are some more images.

This Panther was bogged down by harsh terrain, the crew was bailed out by an M 10 shot to the commanders cupola. Subsequently, it was engaged several more times, all ricochets, until one bounced from the turret armor right into the radio operator/machine-gunners opening. For good measure, another round was put into it, partially penetrating the turret.

ee7PTKT.jpg

This Panther was destroyed in an attempted flank charge (best I can gather from what I could see). Lower front hull penetration, followed by a partial penetration of the turret.

mIeBsR0.jpg

None of my units really stands out in unit kill count, it was a combined effort after all. But, my tank company XO is worth mentioning. Destroyed a tank, killed some infatry, took over command in the middle of the battle after the CO was killed. (in the background a destroyed Panzer IV)

5j7n9Le.jpg

Some images of clusters of destroyed enemy infantry.

DrayDsz.jpg

UT1mxkj.jpg

Even the enemy KomBat was heavily wounded.

7ZpGoYT.jpg

It is no surprise, cause this is the group that awaited and engaged them.

yN1sip0.jpg

Crossing the street was also very dangerous.

wZMFNbJ.jpg

On 11/16/2019 at 11:00 PM, jtsjc1 said:

With regard to the shell ricochet from the turret into the co-drivers position, that early model Panther does not have the "chin" armor.

It was Panther A Mid and I was surprised it happened. Been playing CMx2 games for years now, first time I saw it happen. It was very pleasing to see RICHOCHET INTO Opening!

But, to conclude this PBEM session. Remember that part where I said tank company XO took over command. Well this was the company CO, a certain Captain Grammont. 😉

ljzEfab.jpg

He died heroically, engaging enemy Panthers and buying time for M10's to take positions.

fEzcb0v.jpg

@Battlefront.com Sorry man! I tried my best... 😄

On 11/19/2019 at 3:29 PM, Aurelius said:

It was Panther A Mid and I was surprised it happened. Been playing CMx2 games for years now, first time I saw it happen. It was very pleasing to see RICHOCHET INTO Opening!

But, to conclude this PBEM session. Remember that part where I said tank company XO took over command. Well this was the company CO, a certain Captain Grammont😉

ljzEfab.jpg

He died heroically, engaging enemy Panthers and buying time for M10's to take positions.

fEzcb0v.jpg

@Battlefront.com Sorry man! I tried my best... 😄

Perhaps this explains the delay to the R2V release?